Chapter 9: Leaving You

'No you don't understand. I cant bear to see you hurt like this. I'm gonna convince him and his men to stop what they're doing'
Izuku's tears stopped falling and he smiled.
'Thank you'

That night I had a talk with my dad about his work, he listened to what I had to say but sadly he refused to agree with my complaints. What a bastard. But whatever, what mattered was that I was with Deku. During the next 3 days that he stayed with us, I had the best time I've ever had in my entire life. On the second day it was just me and him so I showed him the library and he actually cried, the little crybaby. I haven't seen a person that happy before. He begged me to stay with him there all day so reading together was all we did that day, which was actually really nice. The third day I introduced him to the rest of my friends; Mina, Sero and the two other idiots and we went to the arcade, that evening we went to the library again just the two of us. The fourth day was the last one that he could be in the village so I made it the best for him.

'Come on, can you just take off the blindfold?' he whined as he stumbled over his own feet. Right now I was taking him to a surprise picnic on the sand with some of his favourite books. Cringy I know, but I wanted it to be nice for him. 'Okay now you can take it off nerd' I declared, stuffing my hands in my pockets. Slipping the blindfold off, he gasped. 'Y-You did all of this for me?' he teared up. 'Yeah of course' I looked down, embarrassed. Without warning, he wrapped his arms around me tightly. 'This is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me'. I felt my heart leap out of my chest. What was this feeling? It was so weird but I didn't want it to stop. Will this feeling go away when Izuku leaves tonight to go back home? 'You okay Kacchan?' he asked. I left my worried thoughts and looked at him. 'Can I tell you something?' I gulped down my fears and decided to just tell him how I felt. 'Sure, come sit down' he gestured for me to sit down next to him on the blanket. I inhaled sharply. 'I want to keep seeing you even when the spell is broken. I don't know what this feeling is, it's so confusing and frustrating but what I'm saying is that I like being around you...you make me feel complete? I guess and these past couple of days of you being in the village have been the best days of my life. Damn it I don't know how else to say this...would you...want to go on a date with me?' I blurted. Well done genius, he totally won't be weirded out by that speech. I braced myself for all kinds of rejection. 'So you're telling me that this right here wasn't a date?' The green- haired boy joked with a giggle. I chuckled. 'Nah, it is' I elbowed him playfully. 'I knew it!' he cheered. We joked and laughed for a bit before a silence occurred. He looked into my eyes. 'I'd love to, Katsuki'. I mentally celebrated.

Later that evening Izuku said goodbye to my family and thanked them for letting him stay. He kept his books from the library in his satchel and threw them over to his sacred rock. Standing with his feet in the water, he looked at me with eyes full of hope and some disappointment. 'Hey don't be sad, you're not leaving me. We'll meet here again and I'll be prepared darling' I told him with a smirk. He blushed visibly at the nickname. 'What do you mean prepared?' he asked me. 'You'll find out tomorrow. Meet me here at sunrise'. He smiled a genuine smile at me. All of a sudden, a gust of wind blew right past us and caused his hair to flow beautifully. My breath hitched as his two human legs stuck together and formed a tail. His legs were gone again. He let out a noise of complaint as he tumbled forward on to his tummy. I let out a loud laugh as he frowned at me. He then gave in and burst into laughter too. God, I love him.