Chapter 1: Dynamics

"This is why you're still single," Jay snickers.

Don't get him wrong; Sunoo loves his older brother, of course. But there are times he just wants to jump him and maybe pull his hair with his two hands because he can be a jerk and annoying.

Those times are like now.

He turns back to the stove with a frown, choosing to ignore his brother because bickering with him is not a good idea while he's cooking.

"Are you sure this is edible?" Jay continues behind him, probably talking about the fried fish he placed on the countertop. "It's burnt."

No shit Sherlock, of course it's burnt.

First of all, Sunoo doesn't know how to cook. But his parents are out and he's left with his older brother who knows how to cook but won't do it.

Second of all, he's trying his best with tears in his eyes. It's 2pm and he's hungry.

"Don't eat this or you're going to poison yourself."

Sunoo closes his eyes, counting in his head to calm himself down, one hand tight around the spatula. If his brother doesn't shut up in the next minute, he's going to smack him with the kitchen utensil upside the head.

"How can someone burn food like this?"

That's it.

Sunoo huffs, turning off the stove with unnecessary force and raises his spatula before facing his older brother, ready to pounce and attack Jay with his little weapon.

But someone rings the doorbell and both of them freeze on their spot.

Sunoo's hope in the world has been restored, praying that it's their parents outside the door to save him from starvation and from committing his first crime against his own brother.

He maneuvers himself out of the kitchen, running full speed to their front door with his fluffy house slippers.

As quick as his hopes were raised, though, it was also quickly shattered right in front of his eyes once he opened the door and he didn't come face to face with his parents.

"Sunghoon!" Jay greets from behind Sunoo before he's being pushed aside. He stumbles a little on his feet, but Sunghoon catches him instinctively around his elbow and pulls him steady back on his feet.

He glares dagger to the side of his older brother's face, boring hole onto his skull before shoving him aside in return with his both hands just to get even.

He can hear Jay's chortle behind him as he angrily marches back to their living room. Why can't his older brother be as nice and chill like his best friend?

Jay and Sunghoon were such a stark contrast.

Where his brother is loud and annoying, Sunghoon is quiet and chill. He's a very nice and cool guy unlike Jay who has a penchant on pissing the hell out of Sunoo. As if his day isn't complete until one of them is red on the face, ready to burst, and crying angry tears.

"What did you do to Sunoo this time?" He hears Sunghoon ask his brother from their front door.

"He's being a little chef but he burnt his lunch," Jay provided with a chuckle, tone teasing. Sunoo can feel the rush of blood to his cheeks. Why is his brother embarrassing him again?

"Is that so?" Sunghoon hums. Sunoo crosses his arms over his chest, still glaring at his brother. "I think that's really cute."

Jay playfully nudges his friend, opposite to the way his tone suddenly turns serious. "Are you for real? Also, that's my brother."