Chapter 3: Dazzle

Sunoo wakes up to the harsh sound of Jay's knuckles rapping against his bedroom door.

"Sunoo!"

He turns over, eyes pinching before pulling the blanket over his head in a poor attempt to block out his brother's voice; mumbling a weak, "Go away!" under his breath before burying himself further in the warm and soft bed, finding a comfortable position and ready to go back to sleep.

But Jay's knocks are relentless, forcing Sunoo to kick his legs under his comforter exasperatedly with a tired groan; eyes puffy from sleep, black strands of hair sticking from every direction.

"What do you want?" he shouts ㅡ or more like croak, voice groggy with his dry throat and tongue sticking to the roof of his mouth.

His head aches, pounding at the temples because he was on the phone with Jungwon last night for hours and hours until it's almost dawn and his morning brain-gears haven't kicked in yet.

"It's noon," Jay informs from the other side of the door, stating the obvious. At least, he's not trying to destroy the door now. "And you have someone over."

Sunoo arches an eyebrow, eyes squinting as he tries his best to remember with his still sleep-addled mind if he invites someone.

Coming up empty-handed, he asks, "Who?"

"I don't know why he's looking for you when you're unimportant, but Sunghoon is here," his older brother informs. Sunoo can already imagine the suspicious look Jay has on his face while saying all that. "Come outside. Quick. Sunghoon brought you lunch," the older continued before Sunoo heard the sound of footsteps walking away.

Thinking he has no choice but to get up now, Sunoo unwillingly leaves the comfort of his head, eyeing the soft pillows with a longing look before sighing in defeat, swinging his legs to the floor and padding to his ensuite bathroom to wash himself.

He's not gonna pass up a delicious meal.

Now, sitting in front of Sunghoon ㅡ in person and in flesh, alive and breathing ㅡ while eating his favorite foods, reminds Sunoo of what went down the other day in the coffee shop. The memories come rushing to him without so much as a warning, leaving him in whiplash.

He just asked the older boy a favor to be his fake boyfriend just for the sole purpose of shutting up his older brother from teasing him for being single. Smart.

Also, that they have yet to establish a contract agreement with their own terms and rules. But at least, he has Sunghoon's words. He supposes, that should be enough for the meantime.

Smirking, Sunoo picks up his chopsticks and places a slice of meat on the older's plate without a word, and sees the exact moment Jay stopped chewing to stare, eyes on him.

"You brought the food, hyung. You should eat more." He tries to sound as sweet as he can manage, praying the smile on his lips doesn't look more of a taunting one rather than soft.

Sunghoon, on the other hand, just stares at him, expression looking exactly like Jay's; mouth hanging open and eyes wide.

A minute of silence passed and still none of the older ones moved, sitting still like rocks. With an internal sigh and a heavy eye roll, Sunoo added, just to snap the older boys out of their trance, "Love, your food is getting cold."

Jay chokes on his food in an instant, face and neck turning an alarming shade of red. He coughs, loud and forceful, slapping a hand on his chest as he reaches for water.

While Sunghoon only blinks at him, fast ㅡ like he's still trying to process what he heard; the high of his cheeks bright pink. Sunoo glares at him, kicking his shin under the table to snap the older back to reality.