f o r t y e i g h t

"You're kidding""I am uh- not

"You're kidding"
"I am uh- not."
"I'm gonna faint."
"Chae-"
"Fucking stop with the jokes right now Saeron."
"Goodness Taeri- I'm serious!"

As anticipated, the reaction from her two bestfriends were most likely expected- they're basically hyperventilating at this point.

Saeron watched them with loss of words as Chaeyong and Taeri continuously slapped each other's arms with shocked expressions painted clearly onto their faces.

"Chae- I need you to pinch me right now, " Taeri stuck out her hand towards Chaeyong, and which she promptly did, causing the other to wince, retracting her arm then rubbed it to ease the pain.

"Oh God I'm not dreaming-"

"Guys-" Saeron tried to speak but kept on being interrupted by their panicking state, certainly not listening to her.
"Water" Taeri pointed towards the glass on the table, to which Chaeyong grabbed as she lend it to Taeri, who then chugged it so fast.

"Guys!" Saeron managed to yell out, grabbing their attention as the two stopped grumbling, Taeri almost choking on her water in shock and turned their heads to her.

"Chill okay? Breathe" Saeron instructed, motioning as if she was inhaling and exhaling deeply for the girls to follow, and the girls did.

"Okay it's no big deal Chae, you can breathe now-" again, the girl was then frustrated from her sentence being cut off everytime.
"No! This is big news. Does Jaemin and Renjun know about this? Oh- does Donghyuck know?"
Chaeyong interjected, talking without stopping as she'd suddenly got all giddy.

Saeron sat stunned from her question, shaking her head before mumbling a small 'no..' .
Taeri on the other hand acknowledged their overreaction, so she slapped Chaeyong's arm to stop her from fangirling further.

"Ow!" Chaeyong shrieked and shot her head to look at Taeri, "Why did you- oh."
Her complain stopped when Taeri motioned with her eyes, which landed on Saeron who sat there quietly as she patiently waited for her best friends to calm down.

"Sorry" Chaeyong mumbled and Taeri cleared her throat causing Saeron to laugh, "You're overreacting."
"We're just excited- like come on Sae we've realized it wayy before you do," Taeri told and Chaeyong nodded in agreement.

"Wait so- are you guys official?" one inquired with a sheepish smile, but quickly turned to a frown when Saeron shook her head. "What! Why not?" the other whined while stomping her feet and wiggling her body.

"Because-"

"WHO'S OFFICIAL?"

oh no

"Fucking hell Donghyuck- you scared me!" Taeri scolded as she jolted, a hand on her chest to calm herself down. Donghyuck only mouthed a small 'sorry' before skipping towards the three who were sat around the lunch table.