Amber Alert

The amber alert for six-years old Lana Elliott has been broadcasted for more than ten hours now. Homicide Unit had initially suspected any enemies that the father, Vincent Elliott, might have, due to his position as the CEO of a Detroit construction company.

All leads came up to nothing. Now, they're thinking that their housekeeper android, Grace, who was last seen with Lana, might know something more than she had stated previously.

The detective from Homicide Unit, Detective Tobias Rosenbauer, was there to show them around. The kidnapping took place at a corner gas station. In front of the gas station store is where the white sedan was last parked.

Tobias crouched under the police line. He pointed, "A two-way lane, secondary road, leads out of the neighborhood, and into the primary road towards the city center. Whoever did this plan their way out."

"You said, the android was driving the car?" AJ looked into the passenger seat of the car and found it empty.

"Yep, she went in and out in under four minutes. When she walked out, the girl was gone," said Tobias.

"Four minutes. That's a tight window for a random kidnapping," Connor stated. The other two detectives chimed in with agreement. He examined the empty backseat of the white sedan. There's a blanket and a pillow where Lana must've been sleeping during the car ride.

AJ reminded, "Detective Rosenbauer, you mentioned the tapes from the gas station surveillance?"

"I did. Two cameras; one facing the parking lot; the other one is inside the store," said Tobias. "I'm sorry, you can call me Tobias."

He offered to shake AJ's hand – just a formality. He said, "Is it alright if I call you Audrey?"

Perhaps it was his body language, or the fact that his eyes were practically glazing at her that gave it away. Right now, she is deciding if he's really flirting with her or every female who is young, blonde, and single.

She took his hand doubtfully, but told him she preferred AJ. When he finally let go, she said, "The tapes?"

"Oh, right. Right this way..." Tobias said. Connor watched the interaction ensue between them and followed behind.

Inside the gas station, the storekeeper had cooperated fully with the officers. The white sedan that Grace drove had belonged to Vincent Elliott. She had full permission to drive the car while Mr. and Mrs. Elliott were away on a cruise ship holiday for a week.

The late-night drive was supposed to help Lana sleep. It was a trick Grace learned from Mrs. Elliott herself. The contents of each surveillance tapes on the storekeeper's computer have been copied onto AJ's tablet.

At 11:21 PM, Grace parked Vincent Elliott's white sedan outside the convenience store. She entered the store hurriedly.

11:22, Grace grabbed two snacks from the first and second aisle and placed them by the cashier.

11:23, she rushed to the back aisle to grab a jug of milk and returned to the cashier.

11:24, she took her change and hurriedly exited the store. She walked back to the car and discovered Lana was missing.

11:25, she ran back inside the store and begged for the storekeeper to call 911.

"Everything matches the android's initial statement," confirmed AJ, who just finished examining the tapes for the first time.

Tobias agreed, "We have a team checking the footage's digital authenticity back at the station. Might spot something we missed too."

"Where's the deviant now?" AJ asked.