| 1: mysterious man |

To anyone who finds this story, I want to say that you're a unique soul and never let anyone dim your light. I appreciate every one of your reads, because you don't know how much your support means to me.

Enjoy my lovely readers ❤️

༻✦༺  ༻✧༺ ༻✦༺

"And that's all for today's lecture

"And that's all for today's lecture. Any questions?" Concluded Mr Bang, as everyone's mumbles filled the lecture hall.

"Ah... finally" A student in front of me sighed. "Now I can go back and drink now"

"Who wants to come to the pub with us? Drinks on us!" A group of friends cheered, causing others to agree.

"Look at him. He's so grumpy and quiet. I wonder why Yoongi's even here?" A group of girls mumbled from beside me, catching my attention.

I followed their glances and my eyes locked with the figure of none other than Min Yoongi, as he collected his bags. He always sat at the front of the hall, away from all the other students.

Yoongi was the quiet tattooed student who always wore a scowl on his face.

The man looked like he never wanted to be here, and I'd heard rumours about him being extremely rude and degrading towards others.

Whether these rumours were true or not, he was certainly someone I never wanted to cross paths with.

"Naega jeil jal naga, naega jeil jal naga. Naega jeil jal naga, naega jeil jal naga Je-Je-Jeil jal naga" My ringtone buzzed.

I wonder who's calling me?

I dug my hands into my bag and pulled out my phone. Hoseokiee!!

"Sup Hoseok!" I greeted my best friend. "You on break now?"

"Uh-huh" He chirped, "The ward isn't as busy today"

"You deserve it" I chuckled.

Hoseok was a student nurse, and he was currently out on placement. His shifts were long, and sometimes I never saw him for weeks because of his busy schedule.

"I miss you Hoseok" I mumbled, playing with my bag's strings.

"Miran my dear, when placement is over I'll be back in no time. Just hold on" Hoseok comforted.

"Awh" I whined.

"At least you'll be able to focus without me, your chatterbox bestie" He chuckled.

"You know you're the only one who brings the light into my life" I pouted, causing Hoseok to chuckle harder.

I glanced across the lecture hall as it emptied, and stared back down at my hands.

Hoseok and I bumped into each other in high school, and we've been inseparable ever since.

"Won't be long until I'm back sweetie." Hoseok giggled, "Gotta go now, a patient in critical condition has just come in"

"Good luck Hoseok! I'll miss you"

"Take care Miran" And he ended the call.

Ugh... back to my boring life now. Even though the university has just begun for us, I've barely seen Hoseok because of his packed schedule.

But then again, this is what adult life is all about...

"What are you looking at, dumbass?" A voice snapped from beside, causing me to turn to it.

Yoongi?!

I gasped slightly as I realised the man was glaring at the group of girls beside me. "It's rude to talk behind others' backs, you shitheads!"

My eyes widened at his words. Geez... I get they're annoying, but that's quite harsh!!

"B-but Y-Yoongi we weren't talking bad about you. We were admiring your tattoos-"

"Cram it dolly face. I don't listen to those who spew shit for a living" He glared, narrowing his eyes at the girls.

I couldn't help but snort at his cussing, causing Yoongi to shift his gaze to me.

Shoot!! I quickly turned away and pretended to flip through my book.

Please don't start on me!!

Yoongi sighed loudly and walked away.

"Thank God..." I sighed in relief and slumped back in my seat.

The group of girls sighed in relief as the door slammed shut as the man exited the lecture hall.

"Hey... how come he never said anything to you Miran?" One of the girls, Hellen poked me.

"Dunno" I chuckled as I stood up, ignoring her friend's confused glances, "I'm just lucky!"

And with that, I made my way out of class, and headed toward Bangtan University's Library.

___