| 31: chainsmoking |

I almost lost my balance at the awful gust of tobacco that came from Yoongi's room

"Ack ack!!" I wheezed, regaining my breath. "I-I just didn't want to bother you" I blinked back tears from my burning eyes.

"Dumbass, you know you can always ask me" Yoongi flicked my forehead and ushered me in.

I followed Yoongi's ritual of taking off my shoes outside and sanitising my hands.

"Jeez..." I wheezed, fanning my face.

I ran over to the window and opened it up.

Why does it smell so bad in here?! Did Yoongi start smoking in his room? How disgusting!!

I glanced around the room in hopes of finding the source of the smell and gasped as I realised multiple filled ashtrays were placed on his desk and windowsill.

Ewww!!!

"What's wrong Miran?" Yoongi asked, causing me to look up.

I gasped as I realised he was lighting another cigarette.

I've had enough with this man's ways!!

"You're coming with me!!" I scolded and threw his door open.

I rammed my feet in my shoes and glared at the man as he stared at me rather confusedly.

"Miran?"

"Get your shoes on, NOW" I commanded, pointing at Yoongi's shoes.

TIMESKIP:

I had managed to drag Yoongi outside to our flat's mini outdoor garden, and we were now sitting on the benches.

"What's wrong Miran? Why are you so upset?" Yoongi lit his cigarette, causing me to grimace.

Whether or not he listens to my words, I don't care anymore because I've had enough!!

"Since when did you start smoking in your room Yoongi?" I crossed my arms at the man.

"It's my room Miran, you shouldn't give any fucks about what I do in there" He scoffed exhaling a big puff of smoke.

He's so careless!!

"Well it bothers me!!" I growled, grabbing his cigarette and throwing it across the garden.

"Why the fuck you'd do that?" Yoongi snapped, "Those cost a lot!!"

"Because you reek of tobacco and I'm fed up with it" I retorted, causing the man to run a stressed hand through his hair.

"Miran..." Yoongi growled, "You're not my mother, so stop acting like one"

"I'm your friend, and I care about you" I snapped as Yoongi sighed loudly and looked away.

"Why do you smoke anyway? I've always wanted to know" I began.

Yoongi pursed his lips together and rolled his eyes.

"I've already told you. I was going through a lot of deep shit when I was younger and I found smoking to be comforting" He explained.

"Did someone influence you?" I probed, earning a glare from the man.

"My peers..." He breathed. A glossy look filled Yoongi's eyes as he stared out at the garden.

YOONGI:

Why was Miran interrogating me again... when I was really craving a cig right now!

"I just bloody love cigarettes okay? They satisfy me more than anything else in my life" I grumbled.

"Well I guess it's better than some things" Miran began, causing me to glance at her, "But it's still bad for your health!"

"Dumbass" I scoffed, flicking her forehead. She won't give it a rest, honestly...

"I know you care about me a lot Miran and I appreciate it, but you really don't know me as well as you think you do. So stop trying"

An unreadable expression filled Miran's face as she looked like she wanted to say something but didn't.

Not now Miran, I'm not ready. Maybe I'll tell you the truth about my past when the time is right, but I honestly can't be bothered. Some things are just better left unsaid.

"I dropped out of school when I was 16 because things became really tough. Both of my parents lost their jobs because of health reasons. I decided to work night shifts because it was better pay, and to help run the house since my brother was too young at the time"

I ran a hand through my hair, "My parent's condition worsened, and it put a shitload of stress on us all, and I found comfort through smoking and drinking, which somehow helped me get through. My parents are good now, and they forced me to attend university to make up for the lost time"

It did help, but it will certainly never make up for the eight years that followed, causing me to end up in prison.

"Yoongi..." Miran breathed, "I'm so... so sorry to hear that. I never thought you had such a rough past..."

Solemn filled my friend's face as she stared at the ground and played with her fingers.

"It's all good now Miran. Do you see why I hate bringing up my past?" I pinched her cheek, causing her to wince.

Miran continued, "I still care about your health Yoongi"

I rolled my eyes at her.

"How many cigarettes have you had today?" Miran asked, causing me to frown.

"...A lot"

Miran crossed her arms, "Look me in the eye Min Yoongi, and tell me how many cigarettes you've smoked today!!"

I couldn't help nervous giggles escape from me at her nature.

"I'm not joking Yoongi!!"

I sighed loudly and locked eyes with her brown ones.

"...The entire pack. That cigarette you threw away was from my next pack" I admitted proudly.

"YOONGIIII!!" Miran grabbed my shoulders. "It's not funny! I'm very upset with you because you think it's a joke, but you're only 28 and they will harm your body a lot in the future. I wish you'd understand"

I removed her hands from me and brushed the invisible dust off my shoulders.

"There are some things in life you'll never understand Miran. So leave me be" I chuckled, earning an unexpected flick from Miran.

So now she's using my attacks against her?!

___