Chapter 4 | But I still remember that day we met in December

The chill breeze of an unusual cold and dry April caresses your figure in a gentle stroke, ruffling your hair

The chill breeze of an unusual cold and dry April caresses your figure in a gentle stroke, ruffling your hair. Scrunch in your nose, you shake some locks out of your eyes while tightening more into your cardigan –mentally cursing at yourself for your firm decision to refuse Jungkook's proposal to drive you home with his car (warmer and comfortable and impregnated with his good softener scent for sure ugh).

The fact is that strolling around the city is your way to relax when problems or emotions are overwhelming you: it's just you, wandering through the streets you know like the back of your hand with your favorite music in your ears, trying to find a solution to the issues that are polluting your head -a way as good as any to get rid of the negative feelings that are devouring you from the inside.

You curve your shoulders, feeling a sudden weight laying upon them when the picture of Seokjin scratches the back of your mind. Your ex boyfriend never understood why you didn't want any company -if you only replay him in your head, you can still see the adorable pout that used to tug at his plump lips each time you told him you preferred going on your own ( "Is this another of your quirks?" he used to question you with a whiny voice, making you laugh lightheartedly).
It was hard, trying to explain that it was nothing personal, while observing the expression of confusion dancing across his features morph into disappointment.

It's your own personal way to cope with that side of yourself that blows certain small things out of proportion and gets swallowed in their spyral -the insecure part of you that has great memory and remembers everything in detail and that you desperately try to not let anyone see.

Despite the harsh weather, tonight is indeed the night where your heart is so messed up you just want- need to be alone.

However, someone here isn't of the same opinion...

Carefully, as if you were dealing with a stray dog that could bite you at the slightest movement, you give a sidelong glance to your left, catching Jungkook's figure. He's walking by your side, peacefully -a clear sign that he isn't particularly bothered about your sudden desire to call it a night, obliging him to put up with your bad mood and leave the coziness of his house in a rush.
You'd like to rip your stare off his side profile, going back to minding your own business, but how can you do this to yourself and ignore a breathing beauty like him? Honestly, it's unfair how Jungkook looks divinely even if he isn't flaunting any stylish garment -he's wearing a half sleeves leather jacket that covers his toned arms like a second skin, made even more muscular by the series of tattoos running along the flap of the exposed area, bracelets with wooden pearls wrapped around his wrist that give that spark of masculinity to his beefy shape.

Busy avoiding to step on sidewalk cracks, giggling whenever he misses one -front teeth poking out in such an adorable way that blurs his natural manly aura, he doesn't notice the way your stare lingers a little longer on certain parts of his body.