Chapter 7 | But when you walked out that door, a piece of me died

A/N: sorry for being late, but this chapter has been hella HARD to write. As I said on Tumblr, I'm writing this story relying on personal experiences (emphasized for plot pursoses aaaand... no. No charming Jeon Jungkook-like boyfriend, unfortunately ç.ç) so the characters' thoughts and actions and decisions have a sense to me, but I feared I couldn't explain them well. I wanted to add Jungkook's POV to clarify also his perspective and thoughts, but the chapter is already pretty long and heavy like this, so it's postponed to the next time 🥺
I did my best, but feel free to point out if something is off 😊
Hope you enjoy it
Good read
P.S. If you want to come say hi to me you can find me on Twitter (curlyerith) or Tumblr (inkofyoongi)

About that night, there's nothing left but a rosy hickey, roughly the size of a 10 Won coin, now faded on your neck

The fainted shadow of bunny-like teeth torturing the soft meat that meets your shoulder. The ghost of warm curls of heavy breaths hitting against the wet prints of feather-like kisses peppered along your jawline. Knotted fingers clenched around your hair. Glistening constellations shining bright in a bed of sparks floating into round, bleary doe eyes.

Jungkook, soft and limp, still inside of you, suspended in a limbo of expectation.

This is all you cherish, in the back of your eyelids, if you briefly let go of the reins keeping your mind at bay...

When his words became a dim shade in the thick silence that settled upon the pair of you shortly thereafter, so feeble to be just a figment of your imagination, you thought Jungkook would stay.

You read it in his shaky doe-eyes filled to the brim with scintillating stars that the night you shared wouldn't end in a symphony of heavy breaths shattering on each other's mouth; in the tip of his nose grazing yours; in your hands resting on his small back; in his tattooed hand clenched into fist into your messy hair; in his thumb brushing against the skin high up your left eyebrow.

Jungkook remained close to you in such a profound, intimate way that had you thinking that he wanted to push this night a little further -that this thing between the pair of you couldn't end with a quickie on the floor of your living room. It couldn't .

Enfolded in his tight, warm embrace, your mind liquefied in a sequence of scenarios that stuffed your wan hope, oscillating like a candlelight in the wind: Jungkook, placing a long peck on your mouth before inching away from you, carefully, while holding the condom at the base -paying attention it wouldn't accidentally slide off in the process; his hands intertwining with yours as you put yourself into a stretched position only to pull you closer, still eye to eye, still with his lips searching for yours as they shaped in a crescent full of joy; his soft giggle suddenly scraping the palpable awkwardness as he rest his forehead on yours, mouth stretched wide to reveal his bunny-like teeth.
And you, indulging in his effusive affection, experiencing again how it feels to be treated with tender loving care after a very, very, very long time, basking in the gluey sweetness yielded by his confession -a gentle whisper gushed out from a throbbing heart teeming with scorching fondness (one-of-a-kind, unique, made only for you and no one else)—!