Chapter 5

I walked with Frank. He didn't try to kill me. I didn't try to turn him in. We didn't talk. Not even a word toward each other, but both of us knew exactly where we were going.

Medbay wasn't that far away, and when we reached the door, he gestured for me to go inside. I walked in, looking back, making sure he wasn't going to lock me inside by myself.

He didn't.

The door clicked behind him as he stepped inside the room.

I crossed my arms against my chest. "Why didn't you tell me you're the imposter?"

He leaned against the wall, next to the door. "Why would I tell you I'm the imposter? So you can turn me in, like you just turned Yellow in?"

"No, so we can find a way out." I argued. "Plus, I didn't turn you in."

"No, you didn't," Frank admitted. "But turning Yellow in wasn't a much better idea, was it?" I stayed silent.

Suddenly, he pushed himself off the wall, and walked toward me. Frank snapped, "Look, we were suddenly here and then the next thing I know, I'm the imposter and I'm supposed to murder everyone on this ship or else I'd die and I couldn't tell anybody or I'd still die. What would you do if you were me?"

I realized, "I wouldn't tell you either."

He didn't seem surprised. "That's what I thought."

"Why did you kill them?" The question was already out of my mouth before I could stop it.

"Because I didn't have much of a choice! It was either them or me and Yellow."

"Oh. Right."

The next second the doors popped open. "Wait, you locked us ins-," I started but the next thing I knew, Frank had grabbed my right arm with his left, and twisted it, so that I slammed against a wall. Pain shot up my twisted arm, and his right hand pressed my shoulder and chest against the wall. I thrashed instinctively against his hold, and to stop, Frank pressed his body against mine.

"What are you doing? Frank, where in the world did you learn to fight like that?" I barely forced out, because I would be doubled over in pain, if Frank wasn't pinning me to the wall right now.

He said, "It doesn't matter. All that matters is my freedom. And hers of course.

I stopped thrashing. "What?" I blurted. "Frank, are you okay?" I questioned, even though I was the one hurt.

Frank looked mostly the same, except for his orange hair and sky blue eyes. But, he'd never ever acted like this before.

His left arm let go of my right arm, and went through his backpack. He grinned when he stopped rummaging. Frank quickly brought his closed fist towards me and I winced and shut my eyes, expecting an attack.

I felt a hand pressing against my neck. After a moment, I opened my eyes to look at Frank. He was smiling cockily, and I slowly followed his gaze toward his left hand.

The one that was laying against my neck.

The one with the knife.

The one that just killed me.

Hi. I've been getting a bit more views and I just wanted to thank all of you! It's really nice to know somebody reads this. 

Again, I'll probably be posting every Tuesday so be on the lookout for that!