Chapter 1

It was a normal day in the Anti-Void, and Error was bored. He had just put the finishing touches on a doll he was working on and after a final look over to ensure all was correct, he had nothing to do... Well, he could always call the squid... Yeah, he should do that. Ink was his most frequently used contact, so it didn't take long to dial the artist up. Hopefully he had remembered his phone today...

Ink could hear his phone ringing and pulled it out of his pocket. "Hey, Blue, Dream? Could you wait for a bit? I got a phone call." He said as he pushed answer and put it to his 'ear'.

Error didn't even give Ink the chance to say hello before he began to speak. "600d, y0u 4ctu477y h4v3 90ur ph0n3 0n 90u t0d4y. Wh3re 4r3 y0u? 90u'r3 74t3!"

Ink instantly cringed at His mate's tone of voice and responded. "Don't be rude!! I'm hanging out with Blue and Dream!! And we were supposed to meet today!?"

"W-w377, n0... 8ut 1'm 80r3d, 50 1t'5 90ur j08 t0 m4k3 m3 n0t 80r3d!" He paused for a moment. "4-4nd 1 h4v3 4 5urpr153 f0r 90u."

Ink cringed again and replied. "Why are you like this?.... I'll be over in a bit I guess..... See you in a few!"

"934h, 09u'd 83tt3r 83 h3r3 500n..." Error grumbled.

"Hey!! Stop being so rude!!" Ink said before hanging up. "Hey, I'm gonna go do something quickly! I'll be right back!!" He called out to his friends before making a portal and disappearing.

"Ink's been acting strange lately... I wonder what he's doing." Berry said to Dream, staring at the spot where Ink had just been.

Dream nods in agreement. "I really hope he's okay."

~~~~~~

Error paced around the Anti-Void, waiting for Ink to show up. Had the scatterbrain really forgotten that fast? 'Wh4t3v3r,' he decided as he sat down to start his next project.

Suddenly a ball of paint popped up and spread out into a portal, and out hopped the small skeleton and he glanced around the blank space before finally spotting Error. "Hey Ruru!!" He called out, bouncing on his feet, his usual cheerful mood showing.

"0W- 5h1t!" Error jolted in surprise, causing his hand to slip and prick himself with the needle he was using.

Ink's mood suddenly changed and he ran over to his mate. "Oh no!!! You're hurt!! I'm so sorry!! This is all my fault!!!"

Error sighed. "1'm f1n3, K1k1. Ju5t pr1ck3d m9547f w1th 4 n33d73. Calm down." How was it that Ink seemed to forget things so easily yet hyperfocus on the smallest of details?

Ink continued to fuss and worry about it, completely ignoring what Error had said of it being alright. "But you're hurt!!! I got you hurt!!"

"1t w45 4n 4cc1d3nt, w45n't 1t? 1t'5 f1n3, 1'v3 73t 1t 60, 4nd 90u sh0u7d t00." Seriously, he was so stubborn! But so was Error, so they often would reach a stalemate in their arguments because neither would back down.

"But you're still hurt!! That doesn't change the fact that I hurt you!!!" Ink remarked going in to hug Error, cuddling close to his mate.

"1t w45 4n 4cc1d3nt, 50 d0n't w0rr9 480ut 1t! 1t d1dn't 3v3n r34779 hurt."

Ink was about to protest before an idea popped into his head. "If it didn't hurt much, then give me the needle so that we're even!!"

"Um, n0? D1d 90u f0r63t wh9 1 c4773d 90u h3r3?" Error prayed the distraction would work.

"........Yeah......" He looked at the ground, avoiding eye contact.

Error sighed. This was Ink he was talking to, how could he have ever expected anything different? "1 h4v3 50m3th1n6 f0r 90u, 8ut d0n't th1nk 1nt0 1t!"

"Okay?" He said unsure but tried not to think about it too much.

"H-h3r3," Error pulled out a small plush doll of himself. "Ju5t t4k3 1t..."

Ink took the small plush to take a look at it. His eye lights instantly lit up, sparkling with joy. "Awwwww!!! It's so cute!!! I love it!!! Thank you Ruru!!" He leaned up to kiss his mate's cheek, still grinning happily.

"9-934h, wh4t3v3r." Error grumbled.

"No really!! I mean it!!! Thank you so much!!!" Ink was going to make sure Error knew his appreciation.

"4nd 1 541d wh4t3v3r! 1t'5 n0t 4 816 d347."

"It is to me!!!! Who knows how long you spent on this!!"

Error replied without thinking. "4ppr0x1m4t379 522.75 h0ur5."

Ink paused to look at him for a second before giving a response. ".......That is a lot of time that you didn't have to waste making this for me. But you did, and I really appreciate that you would do that for me. How did you know it took that long though?"

"1 4ctu4779 h4v3 4n 1nt3rn47 c70ck, un71k3 90u."

"You don't have to be rude!!"

Error let out a glitched laugh. "1 5p34k 0n79 th3 truth, 1nk870t."

"But you said it in a rude manner!!!" Ink whined. He was starting to feel attacked and he didn't like it.

"4www3, 15 th3 5qu1d up53t 83c4u53 1'm p01nt1n6 0ut h15 f74w5?"

"Stop being meaaannnn!!!" He whined again and hugged the little Error doll tightly.

"N0 : )."

Ink's only response was more whining.

"Th4t'5 477 1 n33d3d 90u f0r, 50 90u c4n 734v3 0r wh4t3v3r n0w."

"Okay..... I'm gonna find my friends then, because they're nice!!!" And with that he hopped up, made a portal, and jumped through.

~~~~~~

"Remember, once I pull the lever you must be prepared for whatever happens. Would you please do one last check of the equipment while I prepare this?"

"Yes Boss." ????? Ran to go do as he was told, looking over everything. It seemed to be all in the right place. "It's looking good over here!!"

"Very well. Are you ready?"

He got into a fighting stance and nodded. "Yes, I am!"

??????? pulled the lever and the machine whirred to life.