2% | the difference between mud cakes and fudge pies

2% // the difference between mud cakes and fudge pies

"So, I'm sitting with you?" I asked trying to not let him know how excited I am about sitting by him.

"Yeah, I mean, if you're cool with it. Grant will be there too, and some other dudes you probs don't know," Aaron looks down at me, and raises his shoulders waiting for my response. Wait, he said Grant was going to be there? Scratch what I thought earlier, I'm way more excited to see him.

"Did you just say probs?" My lips slowly grew into a grin and then full out laughter. His cheeks began to flush which just made this moment even better.

"Get over yourself Katie," He shot at me as we walked up to his table. His table was a circle slightly full with a few girls and a couple guys. One girl was on top of a guy, chewing on each others lips mind you, and a shiver shot through my body. Yep, defiantly don't like sęx on my lunch.

Aaron slid into a bench and patted on a spot by him for me to sit. I plopped down by him and snapped the cap off my water and took a quick gulp. Everyone looked up at me, except for the ones who were eating each other, and waited for an introduction.

"Omgee, you're, like, the girl from... like, English!" A girl who sat by Aaron shouted and pointed her finger at me as if figuring out the secrets to the world.

English was an interesting topic, to say the least. Well, for one I hate the class, and now the teacher hates me. Win win if you ask me. So long story short, when she asked me to tell her what this one poem was called I told her I had no fùckin' idea since I was new. I hadn't read her rules on the board which apparently didn't say, "Cuss words can be said when ever, no punishment!" Actually, the exact opposite. So how 'bout a detention the first day? Amazing, right? Not.

"Yep, that would be me. The names Kate by the way," I clarified.

"You know, that was epic. Like, everyone hates her but like, no one has ever spoke to her like that! But, it sucks she gave you a detention. Oh, and my names Alice," She chirped. I swear, I will shoot her if she says the word like again.

"What happened during English?" Aaron asked looking at me expectantly, but Alice pulled him towards her and full blown attacked him with the story. She is one crazy girl, my goodness.

A sudden dip in the bench was brought to my attention as Grant dropped his tray on the table with a look of disgust.

"What's wrong? Don't like road kill for lunch?" I joked, messing with him.

He looked at me and let out a chuckle, "Nah, I enjoy raccoon butt with a hint of skunk farts. But, I don't think it's fair to eat it in front of a girl like you." He winked at me and then leaned forward. His nose softly nudged my hair and blew shivers through my ear.

"You know, we could always have a make out session right here, or more..." His breathe edged away as he brought his face away from mine with a sly smile. Wow, and I thought my head was in the gutter.

I slapped his shoulder and hissed at him, "What, don't like the view to your left?"

"I would if it was me and you, but I don't see that happening anytime soon..." He sighed teasingly.

"Well, I like to keep boys on their feet, so maybe I should leave you on your tippy toes?" I replied. He just shook his head and plunged into his "road kill" lunch. I let out a giggle and turned to my lunch. I had chosen a cheese burger with some chips, but I honestly am not that hungry.

"Oh my gosh, Katieee!!" I flipped my head around to look at Alice, and my face contorted in confusion. She pointed to something behind me so I whirled my head around searching for what it was. I might as well have gotten whiplash from turning my head so many times. Cue the music please, "I whip my hair back and forth, I whip my hair back and forth!" Alright, now that we're done with making me look like an idiot...