Part 3

Sam's POV

I couldn't stop thinking about how much of an idiot I was for saying those things to Deena. Part of me wanted to apologize but I just couldn't. I tried so hard to stop thinking about her but it was more difficult than I thought. I had school in the morning so I tried my best to get sleep even though I knew I wouldn't sleep well.

I woke up to my alarm off knowing both my parents were already at work. I ate a quick breakfast and just decided to walk to school. It wasn't that far but then I jumped as a car horn went off behind me. "Get in blondie." The voice was Deena's. I just continued walking. "It's supposed to rain any minute okay just get in before you get soaked." Deena said, pulling up closer to me. "Just let me get to school Deena, I told you I don't want to see you." I told her finally facing her. "Sorry for trying to be a good person but if you want to make it to school on time then get in the fucking car." She said getting pissed off now. I gave up and got in the car and sure enough it started pouring a few minutes later.

Deena was wearing her army green jacket and it fit her very nice. "You have a serious staring problem you know." Deena said taking a quick glance at me. "I do not and don't talk to me okay it's better that way." I told her. "What's better, letting go off the person who now knows you're a lesbian." Deena said, clearly looking tired. "I- I'm not a lesbian okay it was just a phase." I said regretting it instantly.

"Right yeah just a phase, a phase where you screwed the girl you loved for the first time." Deena said annoyed now. "What is gonna take for you not to tell anybody, you want me to kiss you or something?" I said realizing maybe that's what I wanted. "Woah blondie I would never tell anyone and two getting a kiss from you would be terrible." She said gripping the steering wheel. "I'm a good kisser but I wouldn't let you find out." I said without thinking.

"Is that a challenge to try and see if your a good kisser?" She asked with a smirk. "What no that's not what I meant and you know it." I told her as we pulled up to school. We walked into school and Deena left quite fast to go talk with her friends and then I realized I don't have that many friends. I just walked to my first class and sat down. a few minutes later a group of kids entered and then I saw Deena walk in too. She walked up and sat next to me. "It's kind of hard to get away from me when we share like every class together." She told me opening her binder.

"Okay class settle down, we will be doing a project and your partner will be your desk buddy. You will only be able to work outside of school unless you can't then you can let me know." The teacher yelled. I just rolled my eyes and couldn't believe I had to work with Deena. "You just can't seem to get away from me, can you?" She said with a smirk. "Project only we are not talking about anything else, also only at your house my mom would kill me if she saw you in my room." I told her straight up. "Fine but you have cheer and I have band today so we do it after that then?" She asked. "Works for me." I said grabbing my stuff and heading outside the classroom.

My next class was math which I sucked at but somehow passed each year. It was lunch time and to my surprise the other cheerleaders asked me to sit with them. In the corner off my eye I could see Deena having the time of her life with Kate and Simon. I felt kind of left out because their friendship seems so fantastic and filled with life and I just wish I had something like that. It was the end of the day and I went to the locker room to change into my uniform. I saw Deena walk in with Kate and they came to the locker section I was in. "Oh, hey blondie didn't see you there." Deena had said as she took her shirt off.

I didn't say anything else and just left as soon as I got dressed. I went outside and met up with the rest of the girls and we did our routine and some other things. Kate told me I had to put everything away so I had to stay behind and pick up everything. I noticed that it seemed it was about to start pouring so I tried my best to get everything but failed. I went and ran to hide under some of the bleachers that were outside. It started pouring down rain and I was trapped outside. "Seems like your stuck huh?" The voice I dreaded to hear said. "I thought you would be inside." I said to Deena. "I would have stayed there but Kate said you were outside so I came to help you." She told me taking her green jacket off.