chapter one.

Sapphire Walter

The urge to kill my older brother and becoming the only child heightens as I sit on my bed rubbing my eyes trying to wipe any traces of sleep in my eyes. He said he wants to talk,when it's one in the morning .
"Imagine me and you dating, what would you want for our anniversary that will make it extra special?".

The thought of my brother and I makes me shiver of disgust slithers on my body"Unfortunately for me, I don't imagine incest with my brother and she's your girl, You should know what she likes more than I do"
I know I'm bitchy but I had a bad day today and him waking me up early just ruined my mood for today.

He frowns passing me a piece of paper, I sigh taking deep breaths and deciding to help him"She loves the wildness so go on a cliff and dangle yourself on it".

I chuckled"I'm kidding, there's a cliff tho so maybe dinner on the cliff with flowers and more gifts. You can see the city from the cliff and it's romantic". I add, his eyes brighten before he hugs me running out my room to make it happen.

I rolled my eyes when he doesn't turn off the lights, I walk to the light switch and turn off the light before I slip back to my covers on my body and closing my eyes allowing sleep to take over me.

It doesn't take long before the sunlight gets through my windows, I stretch before going to the bathroom to shower. Once I'm done showering and brushing my teeth, I change into blue shorts and throw on one of Ethan's black shirt and tying up my hair in a bun
"Good morning mother, good morning father". I add dramatically making my presence known, I get a big smile from my dad and a glare from my mother.

"You should have woken up and helped me make breakfast, Do you expect your husband to make food for you because I'm sure he won't survive on cereal-"

"Mom, my purpose in life is not to cook for a man. I'm not judging you but if he can't live off cereal and Ramen then he's not the one for me and I'm not the one for him". I reply, my father signaling me to stay quiet knowing mom loves to get the last word.

her lips in a thin line but she decides not to say anything and continues to make the pancakes, Don't get me wrong I can make some food but cooking two hours dinners for a man who's going to poop it out?
Oh yeah no, i don't even have enough time to cook myself a two hour dinner not to talk for a man.

"I heard you got a promotion, congratulations". Dad says breaking the awkward silence, I look at him and grin when he wraps his arm around me to celebrate.

"You can't marry your career you know, you have been getting promoted but when are you going to be promoted to being a wife and a mother, Sapphire?".

My mood dampens once the words comes from her mouth, I'm twenty one and I'm not rushing to go and marry any man anytime soon"Probably, dad i have lost my appetite, I'm going to my room". I stand up, the sudden hunger for food gone and now emptiness fills my stomach like a throwing something in a dark pit.

My dad doesn't say anything, ofc he doesn't say anything and that's why mom keeps taunting me. I walk back to my room and sigh, motivation to work suddenly fills me and has looking through my emails
"I've a shoot tomorrow at eleven and I need to start drawing my designs to start making since the last one really hit off". I jot down on my planner, writing things on my planner inspires me to actually do it.

Modeling and fashion designing has been my dream job since I was three I would admire models when
they walk on the runway with pretty dresses and how elegant they looked while showing the dresses, once I was old enough, I went for my audition and failed. I went for my second and failed got rejected because I according to them not the right body they're looking for and so I opted out to getting my degree and now became a therapist before going for the third and finally got one. I went for my first shoot and my face on a billboard.