Chapter 1 : The knight in shining armor?

"Sir, there's something weird here", a voice was heard by the radio that Rock had placed on the "Black Lagoon's" deck. Rock himself was sitting nearby listening carefully. If this went well he would be able to save not 1 or 2 but much more people for the first time in his life. Apart from that, he would also expose Roanapur's true nature and take revenge on the city while destroying Chang's plan. The Chinese mafia leader, had challenged the former salary man's pride something Rock could not accept. "If everything goes well, I win the game..." Rock mumbled to himself as he pulled out a cigarette and lit it. The thin smoke disappeared into the humid air of the jungle.
"Don't move soldier!" Sergeant Caxton said sharpening his voice "It must be her...the Bloodhound of Florencia!". It was already too late as screams were heard. Roberta had started her attack. Rock who was listening grinned "Now all I need is for Garcia to find Roberta before she kills everyone...". He was consumed by the thrill of his gamble, he was sure he could now understand how Revy felt when in a gunfight. 'He actually cut a bullet with his sword. So thrilling for a gunman like me!' Revy had said back in Japan. Her voice echoed through the Japanese bussinessman's head. But that memory brought others too, reaching in the end Yukio's suicide. While remembering that Rock clenched his fists, "DAMN IT! I won't fail like that again, I swear it! This time everything will be perfect to my biggest ever play!" he shouted as he lit up a new cigarette and then opened a beer can. That would surely relax his tired mind and body.
Revy was sleeping at her bunk, but her sleep was nothing but peaceful thanks to some certain dreams. It was her back in her childhood days and she was sitting at a pavement 2 blocks away from her house in New York, holding a gun she stole from a dead body in a nearby alley, it was a Smith & Wesson Model 439. A police car stopped by. She was srewed, those guys would blame her for the murder for sure. And that happened, as the policeman who interrogated her announced Revy guilty of the murder after giving her a good beating. But despite the American-Chinese woman wanting otherwise, the dream, or to be more precise, the flashback didn't end there. After the interrogation followed the worst moment in her life, the one moment that made her who she is now. The policeman grabbed her and tore her clothes throwing the girl down. Then he unzipped his trousers and instantly entered her.
"DAMN YOU FUCKER!" Revy screamed as she woke up. Her arm still hurt her, after her recent encounter with Roberta. It was now wrapped in bandages something that really annoyed the redhead. 'It's all his fault, it's all Rock's fault, my feelings and my dream have made me soft' she quietly thought. Despite her being according to herself a dead person when Rock came into her life everything changed. She was actually reminded of her lifelong dream of living a normal life, thanks to him, a normal man, as Revy thought of her partner. In the past 1 year he had become to her indispensable, a hope she didn't want to lose and she loved. But she was afraid of telling him and that damned little maid, Fabiola, had noticed. "You think that man is your knight in shining armor. Why don't you tell him? You could have escaped somewhere peaceful and open a restaurant..." the girl's voice echoed in Revy's mind, "But I think I know why you haven't asked him yet...you are afraid", Revy was pissed off, it was like reliving her and the maid's conversation that happened some hours before, "You are afraid that he is not who you really think he is, that's why you won't talk to him about your real thoughts. You' re such an idiot". Remembering the girl's words Revy burst out "Fine, I finally understand! I have to talk to him"
As the redhead reached the deck still aching cause of her wounds, she saw Rock sitting there with the radio. "It's all over..." he whispered with a devilish grin, "I won" he then said louder. Revy approached him silently but the Japanese noticed her. "Ah, Revy, everything is over", "I don't care" the woman said menacingly, Rock didn't seem to be bothered "Everything is dancing into the palm of my hand. The town and the people's lives" Rock said grinning while looking at his palm. Revy couldn't bear to hear him more or watch that scary face of his and she drew one of her twin berettas aiming at him, "That damned midget is right. You have stayed in Roanapur too long, and you steadily become one with the darkness. Once this is over leave the city". Rock raised an eyebrow as if he didn't expect such a reaction "What are you talking about Revy? Stepping into the darkness was the only way to save everyone". Then they both remained silent.
Revy was still not convinced by her partner's words though, "Is this your revenge towards Roanapur?" she asked. "That town has led many people to the jaws of death and I couldn't save any...", "Don't tell me you still feel sorry about that Tokyo girl!", Revy tried to interrupt him "However this time it's different, I saved everyone with my own power. That gambling, the thrill of it, made me understand how you guys feel every day that passes by". That last statement angered Revy as she stood up and kicked Rock to the ground "Don't act like you know everything!" she growled and left the deck as Rock landed on the floor in his face. The Japanese man while lying in pain could have sweared that he heard Revy mumbling "It's so unfair damn it. It feels so one-sided!", and that statement made him dive into his deepest thoughts. What did she actually meant. Flashbacks of their last private encounter flooded his mind. Back then she had called him a silver bullet. Silver bullet? Rock felt confused, but he used the last of his mind power to understand what he really meant to her.
It was only after half an hour that the first light of the sun appeared, the survivor of the previous night's battle had arrived to the "Black Lagoon". Rock was still lying to the deck awake, still trying to understand Revy's behaviour towards him, but his mind couldn't just work. When he saw the survivors he was horrified. Missing hands and legs, blood everywhere, as if they were fighting against a monster. Roberta, the Bloodhound was also in a similar situation. Who did he actually saved? Rock felt disgusted by himself. All that gambling, all that manipulation, all for nothing. Garcia didn't bother to speak to the former businessman, as he went past him. However, as he looked towards the boy's direction he saw Fabiola aiming at him with a handgun. When the girl saw he noticed her, she pulled the trigger. Rock felt intense pain, but saw no blood. "What the hell?" he asked as he saw the green haired girl coming towards him with a menacing look. "Look, it's a blank bullet" she said as he stood up, holding the bullet" That's what you are and what's what your plan was, a fake! Nothing more than an act". Rock tried to protest, but the maid continued "At first I thought you were different, but I now understand. You are the same as that woman who follows you like a dog! A dead body wandering the shadows!". After that Fabiola left managing to directly stab Rock's pride. He felt too exhausted. It was about time he actually sleeps a bit. "Revy..." was all he managed to say before falling to his knees and drifting to a deep sleep. In the meantime, Revy thought he could actually have a decent sleep but Rock's devilish grin kept returning to her mind. Was it really that man that she wanted to free her? Was it really that man that she actually liked? She couldn't deny that fact that she liked him, or actually liked a big part of his personality. There was a possibility Rock could have noticed, after all he is a smart man. Over the past year she had become almost possessive of him and some people like Eda had noticed. Was he really still her knight in shining armor? She was just too tired to think, and the pain in her hands wouldn't let her. So all he could do was sleep.

(Note)
Ok so this is my new fanfiction story. I think my writing hasn't evolved at all but I hope you consider it fine as it now is. I really would like to hear your opinions though on my choice and on this first chapter. Thank you