Chapter 4- Certainly a Topsy Turvy Day

Alright, here's the next installment of The Dazzling Rubia-I'm so very sorry for keeping this off like I did. I had a LOT going on, and simply had lost most of the drive for it. But thanks to a particular reader, I'm back with it! I will try to update when I can. Thank you all so much for reading this, and I hope you enjoy.~ And this all should be bolded, so hope it is..

-Dedicated to skywalker2018. Thank you!~-
*IMPORTANT*
From now, I shall try to have the story to not be as close to the Disney movie so much-try to add my own stuff in there, so it's lengthened out a bit. So hope that goes well XD And the video's sound is a little changed, but I still hope it gets you in the mood of things XD

~BlackButler18
--------------------------
"And now, ladies and gentleman, the pièce de résistance!" Rubia gathered what flowers and coins she could and headed back, wanting nothing more than to be greeted by her probably shocked but proud sister. When she had reached the small dressing tent, she was automatically brought down by a bone-crushing hug. "See, I told you!..You were just, wow. You, were great." Rubia looked up, seeing Esmeralda lay on top of her. She giggled, rubbing the back of her head in a sort of embarrassed manner. "Heh, thanks big sis...Was I really?.." "Even Clopin was very impressed by what you did, and you know it takes a bit to even impress him in the slightest-" "But he always likes us, no matter what.." "He is still, a little picky sometimes. Oh, sorry for attacking you like I did.." Rubia giggled, shaking her head as Esmeralda got off her and helped her up off the ground. "It's alright, I would've done the same if I were you." "You caught everyone off guard..especially with what you did to that Judge and that other guy..What was up with that, Rubia?" She placed her hands on her hips, looking curiously at Rubia, making her lace her hands behind her and look away seeming guilty of what she did. "I don't know..I was just, messing with them. You know, how they should be messed with..especially that Judge, Frollo." Esmeralda let out a light laugh, wrapping an arm around her shoulders as she smiled. "Yeah, you're right-and you learned from the best." Rubia smiled back at her, leaning her head into Esmeralda's neck. "Of course, only the best. Come on, we should change back. We still have to crown someone." Esmeralda nodded as they separated to change, unaware of the growing noise for the upcoming crowning. "Gee, you think we should just, wait big sis?..That crowd is getting pretty wound up.." Esmeralda looked back at her, finally nodding. "Yeah, and we shouldn't keep Clopin waiting outside-he needs help with getting rid of the rejected contestants. Let's go."
They headed back out in the crowd, joining Clopin as they pulled people onto the stage. "You all remember last year's king?!" A man is carried in a seat by the crowd, burping loudly as he waves. As Clopin sings once again to the crowd, he along with Esmeralda and Rubia continued to pull people up, including the hooded man that stumbled into Rubia earlier before, his hooded cloak falling away revealing himself. Rubia had seen this, but didn't pay any mind to it or his seemingly harmless 'mask'. As they reveal the contestants, the contestants make their ugliest face, earning boos from the rest of the crowd, and then pushed off the stage by Esmeralda's goat, Djali. One by one they fell, as they slowly made their way to the side of the stage, where the previously hooded figure resided. Esmeralda had reached out, pulling at his 'mask' but was actually..his own face. A surprised gasp came from Esmeralda, as a few came from the crowd. Rubia wore a surprised face, thinking back moments ago-how did she not know? Whispers and comments erupted from the crowd, a few making themselves heard. "That's no mask!" "It's his face!" "He's hideous!" Then, one had exclaimed loudly over the crowd, "It's the bell ringer from Notre Dame!" Looks of pure shock and disgust appeared on each face in the crowd, as Esmeralda and Rubia joined in. 'So, that's the bell ringer?..' Rubia thought, never setting eyes on him prior to the festival. His eyes quickly scanned the crowd, his face looking pained and humiliated as he covered his face with his abnormally large hands. Rubia wanted so much to take him off the stage, comfort him as to make everything alright but apart of her was as of the crowd-frightened and shocked at his outward appearance. Luckily, Clopin had stepped in, extending his arms out towards the crowd. "Ladies and gentlemen, don't panic. We asked for the ugliest face in Paris, and here he is! Quasimodo, the hunchback of Notre Dame!"