Chapter 2- Festival of Fools

*I do not own anything except my OC Rubia and my story. Everything belongs to their rightful owners.*
--------------------
Clopin walked into one of the many tents that littered the Court, wearing a humongous smile on his face. "We must hurry, you two!..We don't have all day-dépêchez-vous maintenant! Tout de suite!"
There was urgency and excitement in his voice, as his eyes landed on the backs of the two dark-haired woman kneeling on the floor below. A giggle was heard, as they turned to him. An array of clothing and accessories were scattered behind them. The girl whom giggled shook her head at Clopin, looking over at the other girl. "Calm down, big brother-Esmeralda and I are just finishing up picking our outfits for the festival. We're just about done." "Don't worry yourself, Clopin. We'll be out in a minute." "You two better keep your word, I still never know if I can trust you both." Esmeralda shakes her head, placing her hands on her hips and raising a skeptical eyebrow at him. "You know, you can trust me and Rubia-have we ever lied to you?"
Clopin wore a thoughtful look now, stroking his beard. "I don't know, with you two?.." Rubia laughed lightly at him, as Esmeralda shook her head. "Alright, now go on-we're trying to get finished for you." "Then, I shall leave. Or, are you wanting me to stay?.." "Clopin!.." "Alright, alright." He chuckles, finally leaving out and tending to his 'kingly' duties.
"You know how he is, Esmeralda-no point in trying to argue with him." "I know, but I try anyway. So, have you decided?""Yeah, I'm going with..that one. With, that scarf and..those accessories." "Very nice-you have good taste." "And you?" "This right here." "That's perfect!..And, we'll be matching, except the colors. Well then, shall we finally be off? Unless, you want big brother to come waltzing back in here.." Esmeralda nods, chuckling lowly as the two gathered their things and headed out, the Court prepared to march into the city.

The city was buzzing with excitement, anticipating the coming of the festival. Decorations and preparations were in progress, and everyone awaited the arrival of the gypsies. Most were very much comfortable with them, feeling as if they spread laughter and good times wherever they were, and were kind, mysterious and innocent peoples. But, most others still despised them, the gypsies looking like dirty, drunk and stealing heathens that shouldn't even be here. The band of Parisians finally made it, singing and confetti gracing their arrival. Clopin lead in the singing, officially starting the festival. As he got the crowd loud and excited, Rubia and Esmeralda ducked into a changing tent and started changing and getting ready when it was their turn. "The crowd seems to like Clopin." "Why of course, he gets everything started. He's the life to any party or festivity." Rubia decided to help Esmeralda with her getting changed first, doing hair and getting her accessories on. Hearing Clopin's cue of their appearance upon the stage, Rubia gently pushed Esmeralda out, shooing her. "You better go, sister. Knock 'em dead." "You too, sister." She turns to Rubia, sharing a quick hug. "Wish us luck-" "Although you don't need it." "We." Esmeralda corrected her. "You are just as good, Ruby-I am no better than you." "Try telling the crowd that." Rubia retorted back to her. Esmeralda casted her a light but playful glare. She patted her shoulder then left, leaving Rubia to wait alone.
Not a moment later, someone stumbled into the tent, taking down the curtain that was hiding Rubia. She drew her robe closer to her, casting a glare in the direction of the intruder. "Hey, watch it!.." "S-Sorry!.." the voice stuttered, hopelessly stuck under the curtain. Rubia let her glare soften, helping the stranger up. She removed the cloth, seeing the stranger cloaked with a hood. "Are you alright?" "I didn't mean to...I'm sorry." "It's alright. You sure you aren't hurt? Here, let me see." She goes in trying to remove his hood, but he cringes away from her hands, shielding himself. "No, no, no!" Unsuccessful at stopping her, she takes his hood off, her eyes widening a bit upon seeing his face. However, she held his face in her hands, smiling ever so gently at him. His eyes looked back at her, silent as she showed such kindness and concern to him. "There, see? No harm done. Just try to be more careful." She helped him up, as he nodded and started to leave. "I-I-I will." She waves lightly at him, closing the tent closed, as he rejoins the celebration.
Clopin soon leads the crowd in front of Notre Dame, where all gather for the main events of the festivals. Judge Frollo sat in a tall chair not too far away, looking on at the people and the ongoing event. He wore a most unhappy expression, as if wishing to be somewhere else and not the Festival of Fools. Standing beside him, was a man clad in bright golden armor. Frollo's new captain of the gaurd, Captain Phoebus. With the crowd gathered up now, Clopin jumps onto the stage as he turned to the crowd, singing loudly for all to hear. "Come one! Come all! Hurry, hurry here's your chance. See the mystery and romance. Come one! Come all! See the Finest Girl in France, make an entrance to entrance. Dance La Esmeralda...DANCE!"
-----------------------------
I'm hoping you guys are liking my story so far! Now we'll see how Rubia will do-what will happen? :3 Thanks guys!
~BlackButler18