Preview

Vanessa was stood outside his apartment complex in the hallway, still standing even after knocking on this door for the fifth time today.

She knew he was in, she knew he was home. She could hear the loud music playing and muffled sounds of a woman's laughter from behind the other side of the door.

Heart pounding, hands clammy and sweaty she knocked again. She wasn't leaving until he opened this door & she was sure of that. Her body was shaking slightly, nearly on the verge of tears with each blink creating a glossy layer of water filling up against her eyeballs.

2:57am in the morning to be exact and Vanessa was standing here like a fool, hoping he'd open his door so they could speak even though there was nothing to speak about. He was the one who had done her wrong yet here she was standing at his door hoping to get some sort of closure.

Knocking against this time harder, the door swung open & here he was towering over her 6ft 2 inches, broad and built. No shirt on just his tracksuit bottoms and white socks on his feet. Clearly she was interrupting something, the random placements of love bites on his chest and neck made that obvious.

His nostrils flared as he tried not to lose his temper, instead he pulled the door up behind him and looked at her dead in the eyes. "Didn't I tell you I don't wanna see your face again?" He spoke with a slight aggression, lightly barging into the wall behind her as he got in her face.

God she missed the smell of this man, yet the Casamigos on his breath told her enough. This man was intoxicated & clearly enjoying tonight with another woman, like he usually did anyway.

"Dennis, please-" she placed her hand on his chest, looking up at him as her face softened. "Don't do this, please" her hand slowly made its way up to his face, caressing it.

He looked away from her, face still emotionless. "Who's in there?" She couldn't help but ask. Who was the lucky woman in his presence tonight, Vanessa wished it was her.

"Don't ask me no questions Vanessa because when you're ready to do things with next man you go do that shit" He hissed at her.

"Dennis I didn't fuck him- I swear!" Vanessa raised her voice and now she saw that look in his eyes which instantly made her correct her tone. He wasn't really the guy who had to show his agression to be respected, he was one of them ones.

Even though she had never seen him angry like that she didn't want to. She knew what he was capable of and she certainly wasn't going to test his limits.

"I didn't, I didn't sleep with that man, your boys saw me with my friend and me and that boy aren't anything he's just my friend from-" she tried to defend herself but he interrupted her.

"If you're associated with me I don't want to hear your name in these streets, I can't believe you made me roll up on you like that the other night, you know what that can do to mans reputation? There's people talking on Twitter, you trying to get me cancelled?" He argued.

"So then why did you? Dennis why did you come get me?" She hissed back, getting irritated with the fact that he wasn't listening to her.

"It's you who chose to roll up to the club, like you said Im not your girl so i dunno who told you to come get me-" He cut her off before she could finish and it was as if they wouldn't let each other get a word in, someone always had to prove their point.

"But like I said if your name is associated with mine I don't want you out here moving dumb, I don't want you out here entertaining other people's bullshit. I told you to stay home and you ignored what I said" he snapped.

"You know what's mad, you claim how I'm yours and all that but look at me, I'm still your little 'go to' girl aren't I? Why am I even here Tion!" she laughed lightly to herself in humiliation, now calling him by his stage name which made him slightly frustrated with her. He hated when she did that.