Missed Opportunities Or A Blessing In Disguise

"You fucking ignored him? Are you good V?".

Charisse, chimed on continuously reminding Vanessa how stupid she was to let that opportunity she had with Tion Wayne a few days ago slip from her hands.

"Like seriously even I would have got in that car and I have a whole man" Charisse proclaimed with confidence.

Both of them were sat on her fluffy white square carpet on her bedroom floor, painting their toes and gossiping over Tion's most recent Instagram post glaring from Vanessa's phone screen.

"No stop because I feel so dumb right now" Vanessa groaned loudly with frustration as she looked up at the ceiling. Shaking her head she looked at Charisse who was clearly disappointed in her.

"Has he texted you?" She asked and Vanessa nodded no. A whole two weeks from the situation and he hadn't even thought of her. Of course he hadn't. He was a famous rapper with a sea of options, who was she to even run on his mind. On top of that the way she acted was so childish & embarrassing he probably thought she was weird.

"Well you better DM that man immediately!" Charisse advised with enthusiasm & now it was just these two teenage best friends not even thinking about the decision they were making.

"You think so?" Vanessa asked curiously & now she locked eyes with Charisse who's face was straight and clearly irritated by Vanessa's response.

"Okay, okay! Alright- what do I say?" Vanessa asked nervously as she placed the lid of nail polish back into the nail polish and picked her phone up off the carpet. "Umm, I dunno but don't sound too needy now, you need to sound proper mature. Wait does he know you're eighteen?" She asked and now Vanessa shook her head.

"No he didn't even ask-"

"Then don't tell him, I swear he's like what? Thirty years old or something, that will definitely fuck up everything. Just keep it cute and sexy but not too beggy yeah?" Charisse advised and now Vanessa took a deep breath as she nodded. This whole situation was stressing her out & deep down she was wondering if even messaging him would be worth it.

She had already fucked up her opportunity with this man & she knew Tion Wayne couldn't possibly want a relationship with her. She knew his intentions, she knew what rappers wanted from fan girls. She wished she could go back in time and take the opportunity & as bad as it sounded she wanted to be able to say she fucked with Tion Wayne. Could of even fucked around and got pregnant for the guy and maybe fast track to the easy route in life of being a rappers baby mother.

Vanessa wasn't thinking straight, she was young and had lots of developing to do.

She clicked on Tion's name and then started writing a DM, thumb dancing over the letters as she tried to figure out what to say. She erased her message and groaned. She didn't know where to start.