02, reunion in seven-eleven

☼ ☼ ☼

☼ ☼ ☼

Peter didn't know what to do when he had seen Vienna Kendrick in the 7-Eleven. He felt like a complete idiot just standing there, staring at her, but he just couldn't move. The girl that he used to be best friends with, and now hadn't spoken to in years was suddenly right in front of him.

He had no other options than to go face the music, or flee. It would've looked pretty stupid if he left 5 seconds after entering, so he chose the first option.

He grabbed a chocolate milk, walked over and placed it on the counter, avoiding the girl in front of him's gaze. "That'll be 2 dollars." She said, as he searched his pockets for the money, and handed it to her. He grabbed his chocolate milk, turned around and headed towards the door.

I'm so stupid. Why didn't i say anything? Why-- "Unibrow!" His thoughts were interrupted by the same voice he once knew so well from behind him. He stopped in his tracks and turned around, a small smile starting to appear on his lips.

"Braceface." He answered back, remembering the nicknames they used to have for each other. The girl's eyes were full of once forgotten memories that had resurfaced in both their minds, her lips curling into a smile.

"The one and only." She joked, earning a chuckle from him. "So why are you at a 7-Eleven so late on a school night?"

He looked down at his wrist-watch, and it surely read 11:00 pm. He hadn't realized it was that late, because the truth was that he had to stop a grand theft auto, but of course he couldn't tell her that.

"Uh, you know. Thirsty." He said, lifting up the chocolate milk to show her, mentally face-palming at his stupid excuse. To his surprise, she nodded at his statement.

"Understandable. I would do anything for chocolate milk." Suddenly her eyes lit up as if she had just gotten an idea, and she cocked her head a bit to the left. "Do you have anything you have to do right now or anywhere you have to be?"

Peter thought about it for a good two seconds before shaking his head slightly, intrigued about what she was going to say next. He was definitely supposed to be on his way home, but he also wasn't supposed to be out in the first place, so if the damage was already done, what would be the harm in staying out a little longer?

"Great! Can you wait outside while i lock up the store?" She asked, moving out from behind the counter. He nodded, and walked outside, leaning against the wall and waited patiently.

This certainly wasn't how he was expecting his night to go, but to be fair he didn't exactly expect to be bitten by a spider and get superpowers either, so he had learnt to adapt to whatever was thrown his way.

After about 5 minutes, Vienna walked out of the entrance to the 7-Eleven, a pint of chocolate milk, different snacks and the keys to the store balancing in her arms, looking dangerously close to falling on the ground. "Do you need some help?" He asked with a grin, watching her struggle to manage all of the items.

"Nope, got it." She said, sounding not entirely convincing to the boy, who just hummed an amused "Uh-huh" at her. Seconds after her statement, some of the items spilled out of her grasp, and fell towards the ground at a fast uncatchable rate. Peter quickly reached out and grabbed all of them before they could hit the ground, almost at the speed of light.

The girl looked bewildered at him, then nodded to herself. "Fast reflexes. Good." She got a grasp of the keys and locked the door to the 7-Eleven, then turned around, looking directly at Peter.

"So,

do you still know how to ride a bike?"

☼ ☼ ☼

AUTHOR SPEAKS !
i ❤️ episode

AUTHOR SPEAKS !i ❤️ episode