i, loud music

'Well fuck, she jumped'

As I walk into my apartment I hear muffled yells of pain. I search for the source of the sound and my eyes land on my brother, he is sitting on a chair. The front of the chair standing on a body that is wrapped in green tape and the back  of the chair stands on the ground. 

"Why are you doing this to me? I didn't do anything!" the man on the ground says, making my brother scoff. "You didn't do anything?" he repeats, "No! I swear!" the man says again. 

"Liar" My brother says without any emotion.

I stand in complete silence, not making myself noticeable as my brother shows the man something on his phone. "What? What is that?" the man asks right before he starts to choke, I already know who is laying on the floor and I couldn't care less.

My brother flips the phone back to himself and zooms in on the picture, he presses the phone back into the mans face and waits for any reaction.

The man on the floor denies everything once again, but quietly, almost unnoticeable. My brother heard it though, he grabs the mans face and squeezes it tightly. "Please don't kill me" the man whimpers, my brother takes a hit of his cigarette and responds.

"I'm trying" he states and forcefully presses his cigarette on the mans tongue. 

I walk forward gaining my brothers attention, "just continue" I tell him. He shifts his gaze back to the man on the floor and stands up from the chair.

With one hard kick to the mans stomach my brother walks away, "he got you good didn't he?" I chuckle.

"It's what you deserve anyways" I tell him with a glare, I walk over to a small cabinet next to the TV and grab two chocolate bars and a bottle of soju. "Well I'm off" I say to no one in particular. "Where are you going?" my brother asks, "Out" I respond brushing past him out of the door. 

I make my way over to Ji-Su's apartment, a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach. I knock on her door, making the charms on my silver bracelet jiggle. 

Ji-Su opens the door and pulls me into her apartment, she notices the soju bottle and grabs two cups. "So when did you do your hair?" she asks me, I hum in confusion. "The black strands on top of your head" she chuckles.

"Ah, well two days ago. I'm sorry I know you wanted to do them, I just couldn't wait any longer" I tell her with a half smile.

"It's okay" she chuckles, "It looks good on you" she adds. I give her a small smile in response, "I have something for you" she says standing up from the couch. 

I furrow my eyebrows, "it's nothing big really, just a small thank you" she tells me while searching on the table for the present. "For what?" I ask her, "For always being there for me" she responds.

"It's no big deal, that's what friends are for" I tell her with a genuine smile. Ji-Su turns around with a smile as well and hands me a plectrum, there is a small hole with a tiny ring through it on one of the corners.

"For your bracelet" she explains, I look at her in shock. "This is your favorite, how can you give this to me?" I ask her, afraid she'll regret giving me such an important thing.

"I didn't know how I could explain how important you are to me with words" she hesitantly tells me, I pull her into my arms.

My first hug in years and it feels amazing.

We talk for a bit longer until we finally start doing what I originally came here for, make music.

Usually I would sing to whatever rhythm she plays, but today I just came here to listen and drink. After a while we hear knocking on the door, here we go again. "Aish, we shouldn't have played this much" Ji-Su mumbles, "I'm coming" she announces.

"You must be pretty angry. I'm sorry. I sometimes get really inspired at night so.." Ji-Su says, a weird growling noice cutting her off.

My ears perk up at the sound and I walk over to Ji-Su, my eyes fixed onto the small screen in front of me.

"I'm hungry" the woman on the other side of the door grumbles. "What?" I ask, "Open the door!" the woman now screams. I back away from the screen, grabbing Ji-Su's arm to guide her with me.

Ji-Su speaks a few more words and the woman starts banging on the door, making it bend inwards.

I grab a knife from the kitchen counter and Ji-Su tightly grips her baseball bat. It turns quiet for a moment, both Ji-Su and I walk back to the monitor. I gently push her behind me and look at the monitor closely.

I see nothing for a few seconds, until a face pops up out of nowhere. I harshly bite down on my lip in fear, my heart beating out of my chest at the jump-scare. Ji-Su on the other hand screams and tightly squeezes my free hand.

I sigh once I realize it's my brother, "It's okay, it's just Sang-Wook" I reassure her. With one swift movement I open the door and stand face to face with him.

"Some woman was banging on the door, and she had blood all over her face. She seemed hurt, but she was so angry" Ji-Su explains in one breath, "She was banging on the door really hard..." she finishes.

It's quiet for a moment, my eyes follow theirs and I see a broken window. "Well fuck, she jumped" I exclaim. My brother brings his fist back and hits the door, bending it inward just like the woman had done before.

"She wasn't just banging, she was ramming into the door" he tells us. "You should go back inside, Jin-Ho you're coming with me." he adds.

I nod and so does Ji-Su, "Be safe" I tell her handing her the chocolate bar I brought with me. "You too" she responds, shutting the door behind her. My brother turns to me, he grabs both of my shoulders and looks me dead in the eye.

"Are you okay?" he asks.