vii, electing president

'invalid'

I don't know how long I was passed out for, but once I wake up everything seems different. I unlock the stall and get out, I wash all the blood from my face and finally get outside to get the help I promised.

Once I take a step out of the bathroom I hear yelling, it comes from the daycare. I peek inside from outside of the door, all I can see is that stupid old man throwing a tantrum.

"Hey, aren't you going to raise your hand?" he asks turning to his wife, she stutters in fear. "Raise your hand, you stupid cow" he growls. Anger bubbles up inside of me, I take a step forward and walk past all the people on the floor.

"Lower yours, asshole"I mock, I look down on the old man. "Is this the way you talk to her? hmm?" I spit at him.

"How dare you talk to me like that! I'm older than you and-" "Then act like it" I say cutting him off.

He pulls his hand back, ready to hit me. "I wouldn't touch me if I were you, you might get infected" I smirk, "wha- huh- what do you mean?" he stutters.

"I'm changing" I state, he stumbles back and grabs the yellow sticky notes. "We're now also voting for her, do you want her out? Because I do!" he yells. I roll my eyes and stand in between Eun-Yu and Yu-Ri.

She grabs my hand making me look at her, "are you really changing?" she asks concerned. I take a deep breath and nod my head at her. "When?" she asks, "When I went to get help" I tell her.

A realization crosses my mind and I quickly let go of her hand, "you should stay away from me" I tell her.

"No" she says shaking her head, "you're my friend, you're stuck with me even if you don't want to" she adds grabbing my hand again.

I look at her in awe, "but be careful" I insist. She nods, on my other side Yu-Ri pulls on the bottom of my shirt.

I turn to her, a genuine smile immediately takes over my features. "Thank god you're okay" I breathe out, "I was so scared I'd never see you again" she admits.

She side hugs me, I lean my head on her shoulder my hand still holding Eun-Yu's. Once I look back everyone already voted including Yu-ri and Eun-Yu. I quickly vote as well, I draw an X on the yellow note and place it in the box.

Eun-Hyuk starts counting the votes as I boredly look around. After a while he speaks up, "Eight in favor and seven opposed" he says. 

The old man quickly picks up the papers, "If one of the two ballots is in favor, they'll be ousted" Eun-Hyuk explains. The old man starts yelling once again, I huff in annoyance. 

Can he just shut up!

"Oppose, it's eight to eight" Eun-Hyuk says, the old man spins around. "Damn it! Did you oppose?" he asks his wife.

She quickly denies, the man walks over to the side where Eun-Yu, Yu-ri and I stand. "All the bitches and bastards on his side should all be thrown out!" he screams.

"Hey, mister!" Yu-ri scolds, "Don't get worked up yet. This last vote will determine the result" Eun-Hyuk says. Eun-Yu tightens her grip on my hand in fear of me being thrown out. My heartbeat speeds up as nervousness washes over me.

Eun-Hyuk pauses before speaking, "Invalid" he says showing us the last paper. It has an X and an O. The old man rips the paper out of Eun-Hyuks grip. 

"No way" he whispers in disbelieve, he turns around again and starts yelling at his brother to get Hyun-Su.

"Voting, my ass. Are you all nuts? Did you already forget someone died?" he screams, "Are you against the result?" Eun-Hyuk asks. 

"What? 'Taking part in murder?' Murder is killing a human being, not a monster!" the man replies throwing a small table to the ground.

I look at the now tilted table and all of a sudden the mans not starts bleeding, just like how mine had a couple of hours prior.

"This is.. just because I'm tired" he tells us, he stumbles closer to the people and they all scream for him to not get closer.

He ignores them and continues walking in their direction. He is however stopped by Hyun-Su, "You better brace yourself" he says. "What?" the old man asks in fear.

"If you don't want to be eaten by a monster" Hyun-Su adds, a smirk crosses my face as I watch Hyun-Su walk over to the voting area. "Do I have the right to vote?" he asks picking up a piece of paper.

"Yes, you do. I voted as well" I tell him, he nods at me and holds a paper with an O on it above the vote box. "If I put this in, he'll be thrown out with us, right?" he asks, he looks up at the old man with black eyes, waiting for an answer.

Instead of answering though, the man faints. "How about we lock them up in the arcade?" Jay proposes. Everyone seems satisfied with that and so that's what happens, the old man is taken to the arcade first while Hyun-Su and I say bye to our friends.

I look at Yu-ri and pull her into a hug, "If you see my brother and I'm dead or whatever, tell him I'm sorry" I tell her.

She nods while we pull away, next up is Eun-Yu she almost jumps on me. I breath out a laugh, "Calm down tiger" I say making her chuckle. "Be safe" I add, she nods at me "You too" she says making me nod in response.

From the side I see Eun-Hyuk watching us, I send him a quick smile and disappear into the arcade.

Once I enter the door shuts behind me, I see Hyun-Su sitting on green crates and the old man is laying comfortably on a couch. 

"Really?" I mumble rolling my eyes, I walk over to the old man and push him off of the couch. The impact of the man hitting the ground sadly wakes him up, "Yah!" He yells at me.

The sound of the mans voice makes Hyun-Su look at us, "Oh great" I sarcastically mutter. "I was just checking if you were still alive" I tell the man.

The man scoffs before realizing where he is, "Why am I here?" he asks. "You had a nosebleed and fainted. I think it's pretty obvious " Hyun-Su explains. The man takes the tissues out of his nose and stares at them in disbelieve.

The old man walks over to Hyun-Su and starts bombarding him with questions."I have to live. I want to live" the man eventually says. 

"Pull yourself together" Hyun-Su replies, "I have nothing else to tell you" he adds. The man walks back to the couch and lays down, I scoff and sit next to Hyun-Su.

A little bit later we both drift to sleep.