viii, murder

'you fucking murderer'

Talking wakes me up, I open my eyes to see Seung-Jae staring at me. Out of instinct I kick him in the face. He groans and falls back, I take take my head off of Hyun-Su's shoulder and back up a little.

Yoon-Jae stands up and rubs his cheek. He walks over to the other side of the room and sits on a freezer, his eyes remain on me. I try to calm my breathing by focussing on drawing circles on my thighs.

After a while the door opens and Yoon-Jae's eyes have finally left my figure. Eun-Hyuk walks into the room, the old man immediately stands up "I'm really okay" he lies.

"Cha Hyun-Su" Eun-Hyuk says ignoring the man in front of him, "I need to speak with you" he adds. They leave the room together, much to my dismay.

Once they're out of sight Yoon-Jae walks closer to me. "How about we catch up" he requests, he takes a seat next to me. He scoots closer to me and lays his hand on my wrist harshly pushing his thumb on the scar, I suck in a breath and yank my arm out of his grip.

"Oh come on, we used to have so much fun together" he whispers leaning closer to me, I keep quiet. My hands tremble as I forcefully push him away, "no, we didn't" I spit at him.

He raises his hand, I feel a stinging pain on my cheek. "Yes, we did. I even have picture proof of it" he snaps, I hold my cheek in shock.

"I promise you this, I will kill you. Your brother won't be able to help you this time, I'll make sure of it" he angrily whispers at me.

He opens his mouth to say more but Ms. Kim appears in the doorway with food. The shutters being the only thing separating us from her.

Yoon-Jae is the first to stand up, he thanks Ms. Kim for the food and walks back to me. I quickly stand up and follow behind Ms.Kims husband. He aggressively grabs Ms.Kims arm and pulls her closer, her face comes in contact with the shutters.

I immediately rush forward and grab the mans collar and pull him back, "Don't you fucking treat her like that" I sneer at him.

The male scoffs and yanks himself away from my tight grip, he walks away while staring holes in the back of my head.

Ms. Kim looks at me while handing me my tray with food, I bow in thanks and as she's about to leave a thought comes to mind.

My brother could be in danger, I trust him with everything I have but Yoon-Jae is dangerous. I have to warn him. So I call out to her, Ms. Kim turns back to me with worry evident in her eyes.

"Could you please get me out or to a different room? He's been harassing me ever since Hyun-Su left" I whisper while nodding my head in Yoon-Jae's direction.

"I'll see what I can do" Ms. Kim replies with a small smile, "Really? Thank you, I promise I will be locked up again before anything bad happens" I promise her.

She nods and disappears for a second and then comes inside the room, "You go out, I'll be right behind you" she instructs me.

Without hesitation I do as she says, once I step outside the room two guys and a girl rush up to me. "I'm so sorry, we didn't know you lied to protect Ms. Kim" the guy with short hair says, "it's okay" I tell him.

Only now do I realize that my past will always haunt me, 'I even have picture proof of it', 'I promise you this, I will kill you' those sentences keeps repeating in my head.

But one thing he said really bothers me the most, 'your brother won't be able to help you this time, I'll make sure of it'.

Fuck! What does he mean? I know my brother can protect himself very well and that I shouldn't be worried about him, but he is all I have left.

In the corner of my eyes I see Jae-Heon, the guy that was with Ji-Su earlier. I walk up to him, his eyes follow my every move.

"Have you seen Sangwook? I- I really need to speak to him" I tell him, he shrugs his shoulders "I don't know where he is, sorry" he replies.

"That's okay, thank you" I bow at him, I walk past him but am stopped by Eun-Yu. "How did you escape?" she asks, a ghost of a smirk on her lips.

Once she sees my worried expression the smirk is immediately wiped away, "are you okay?" she asks gently grabbing onto my shoulder. "Just peachy" Tell her with an attempted smile.

"I'll tell you soon, I'm not ready for the whole story yet. I'm sorry" I apologize, "If you're not ready then you're not ready, no need to apologize" she reassures me.

"I'll see you in a few minutes I need to get to my brother" I tell her, I can tell she wants to ask questions but doesn't.

I rush past her, making my way to the stairs I previously sat on. As I set one of my feet on the lowest step two crates are pushed down the stairs, "Oh fuck-" I shriek quickly stepping away from the stairs.

My brother walks down the steps and past me with his jaw clenched and slightly wide eyes, "Sangwook!" I call out. "Yoon-Jae he's going-" I continue but am cut off by Jae-Heon who grabs Sangwooks arm but my brother is quick to push him off.

"That stupid gangster!" the shorthaired guy from before says, "Yah!" I snap at him, making both him and the smaller guy next to him jump in fright.

I come back to my senses and follow after my brother, accidentally bumping shoulders with Jae-Heon. Once my brother enters my line of vision, he is hit in the back of his head by Yoon-Jae with a hammer. With a freaking hammer!

Yoon-Jae pulls his arm back and is ready to hit my brother once again, but right before the hammer comes in contact with my brothers scull, my brothers hand wraps around the handle of the hammer.

In only a few seconds Yoon-Jae is pushed into a pile of bricks, he crawls away from my brother who is wobbles after him with the hammer in his hand.

 "He's a murderer" Yoon-Jae sputters. "That man is a murderer!" he repeats, falling to the ground with a scream of pain after Sangwook hits him on the back of his leg.

"You fucking murderer" Yoon-Jae spits, "You shouldn't die like that" my brother mumbles before bashing the hammer into Yoon-Jae's head.

I gasp and cover my mouth, it's not like I didn't expect my brother to do that but it still shocked me.

"You shouldn't die peacefully... Not after what you did... After everything you did" my brother growls. Another hit to the head, "No.. you don't deserve a human death".

"You fucking murderer" Yoon-Jae weakly speaks, my brother raises both of his hands over his head. "You don't deserve to live" he says before hitting Yoon-Jae one last time.

Yoon-Jae's eyes roll to the back of his head right before his body goes limp, blood gushes out of his head. 

My brother gets off of Yoon-Jae and lifts the dead body up with one hand. The other hand is still tightly gripping the hammer.

He walks away, a trail of blood follows after them. I snap out of my shocked state once my brother is already out of my sight.

I failed to protect him, I was just watching. Paralyzed.