Prologue

"Grandmaster Lan, Jiujiu...are you sure about this?"

Jiang Cheng inhaled shakily, starting at the complicated array on the ground. Lan Qiren and himself had taken his nephews, Jin Ling and Lan SiZhui, along with their two sworn brothers, Lan JingYi and Ouyang Zizhen to the back hill of Cloud Recesses.

It had taken months of planning from all of them, Jiang Cheng only realizing they were truly doing this as he stood now. Turning, Lan Qiren looked towards his nephew's son.

Lan SiZhui had a far away look in his red rimmed eyes. Lan SiZhui had used to bore a tranquil expression and was an elegant boy who sent waves of serenity out. He was dignified and well trained, no expectation as he had been raised by Lan WangJi.

'Lan WangJi...'

Lan Qiren repeated the name in his head of his late nephew. He closed his eyes recalling the fateful day the happiness gained after Jin Guangyao's death had been shattered. Jiang Cheng also was reminded about the day. How could he not remember it? So much tragedy...but the worst had to be his brother, Wei WuXian, finally losing his smile.

1 year and 8 Months Earlier:

Wei WuXian smiled brightly at his husband as they flew to Koi Tower. They were arriving to the sect under multiple influences. One, it was Jin Ling's request to see his uncles and cousin. Secondly, Jiang Cheng's daughter, Jiang LiMei (named by Madam Jiang, Fu MingZhu, in honor of her late sister in law), hadn't met Wei WuXian in almost a year.

Wei WuXian was thrilled with a family get together after so long, even though he knew it was also serving as a discussion conference. That was why they were arriving a day early. Flying with them were a few disciples of the GusuLan sect including Lan SiZhui and Lan JingYi, and Lan Xichen and Lan Qiren. Lan Xichen's wife was staying back at the GusuLan Sect since she was pregnant with the Lan Sect Leaders second child. The heir to the sect, Lan ShaoQiang was also staying back due to his own studies (and punishment he had gotten while playing around).

"Lan Zhan, look! They're over there outside the Fragrance Hall!" Wei WuXian pointed down and Lan WangJi smiled, nodding.

They flew down, the group on the ground consisting of Jin Ling, Ouyang Zizhen, Jiang Cheng, Fu MingZhu, and Jiang LiMei. Jiang LiMei, who was about seven years old, beamed when she caught sight of the black robes, squealing, "Uncle Wei!!"

Lan WangJi and Wei WuXian stepped down first, the older releasing his husband who went running to the young female, "Little Lotus!!"

Fu MingZhu laughed joyfully, releasing her daughter's hand and letting the two meet. Wei WuXian quickly carried his niece, pinching her cheeks, "My little Lotus, did you miss me?"

Jiang LiMei nodded enthusiastically and saw Lan SiZhui, "Tang-Xiong!"

"A-Mei!" Lan SiZhui stood by his Father, Lan JingYi running with him, "You've grown even more beautiful!"

Jiang LiMei giggled, motioning to Lan WangJi to carry her. Lan WangJi smiled, easily taking the child from his husband and the group meeting together. Jin Ling greeted, "DaiJiu, Uncle Lan, SiZhui, JingYi, Zewu Jun, Master Lan,"

Wei WuXian clicked his tongue, looking over his nephew, "Look at you, almost Jiang Cheng's height!"

"DaiJiu," Jin Ling whined, "I've been this height for ages and the only reason JiuJiu is taller is because he's got platforms on!"

Wei WuXian laughed loudly, ignoring his brother's fuming glare towards the Jin Sect Leader, "Right, right, you're an adult. Aye, speaking of. When are you four going to get married, huh?"

The four sworn brothers all flamed red. Lan JingYi complained, "Senior Wei!!"

"Baba," Lan SiZhui looked at Lan WangJi pleadingly, "Please reason with A-Die. We have a lot of time to marry, just look at ShuShu!"