Chapter 43: Meeting Luka's uncle

In the Liberty boat, Luka sits on the couch, talking to his uncle.

Uncle Garrick: So Luka, heard you got a girlfriend.

Luka: I do.

Uncle Garrick: Can't wait to see her. I wonder if she likes my jokes.

Luka: (Ugh. Not his jokes.) *Soon, the doorbell rang.*

Anarka: I'll get it. *She walked to the door and opened it. It was Marinette.* Marinette, come in. *She walked in and Anarka close the door.*

Marinette: Hey.

Luka: Hey. *He stands up and hugs her.* Marinette, this is my uncle Garrick.

* Marinette, this is my uncle Garrick

Garrick: Hello. *He sticks his hand out and shakes her hand.*

Marinette: Nice to meet you.

Uncle Garrick: I didn't know Luka has a girlfriend, you wouldn't be that girl, would you?

Marinette: Yes. I'm Luka's girlfriend.

Uncle Garrick: Oh. Okay.

Othiteka: I was a bit surprised when he said he has a girlfriend. I guess that's what happened when I miss out on my kids' childhood.

Luka: (You don't know half of it.)

In Marinette's house, Tom, Mulan, Mushu, and Shang walk out of the bakery and head to the house.

Tom: Thank you guys for helping out.

Mulan: You're welcome.

Shang: Happy to help.

Mushu: And taste too.

Tom: I'll have dinner planned for tonight.

Mushu: What's on the menu?

Tom: Haven't picked something out, you'll be surprised, Mushu.

Mushu: I do like surprises. *He goes to the couch, grabbed the remote, and turns the TV on.* What's on TV? *He flipped through the TV and sees what's on TV.*

Tom: I'll go see what I can make for dinner. *He goes through the pantries and the refrigerator and sees what's in there for dinner.*

Back in the Liberty boat, Marinette got to know Luka's uncle when suddenly, her phone rang. She gets it out of her purse and sees who's calling her. It's Adrien.

Marinette: I better take this. Be right back.

Uncle Garrick: Okay. *She gets up and goes to the upper deck outside and answers the phone.* Hello?

Adrien: Hey, Marinette.

Marinette: Hey, Adrien.

Adrien: Listen, I'll be staying in London for the rest of the day and probably be back tomorrow.

Marinette: Okay.

Adrien: Yeah, after we visited my Uncle's grave, my father suggested we stay in London for the day and come back to Paris tomorrow.

Marinette: That's good to hear. See you tomorrow.

Adrien: Okay. Bye.

Marinette: Bye. *She hangs up and puts the phone back in her purse and heads back inside. She opened her purse and get the ring out and covered up so no one would find out it's a miraculous. Inside, she sees Luka talking to his Uncle.* Luka?

Luka; Yeah. *She signaled him to come here, and he go up to her.*

Marinette: Here. *She showed him his ring.*

Luka: Thanks. *He put it in his pocket so no one could see his kwami.* I'll put it on when no one's looking.

Marinette: Okay. Better head home.

Luka: Already?

Marinette: You did say I can see your Uncle and I did. I'll see you soon.

Luka: Alright. *She waved goodbye and leave the Liberty and headed home.*

Tikki: I'm glad you all managed to do away with Princess Parasite.

Marinette: Yeah. I think that'll be the last time we'll ever see her and her swarm of bugs.

Tikki: Mm-hmm. *Marinette keep walking home, Lila was hiding in the alley and she heard everything.*

Lila: Hmm. So, Marinette is Ladybug?! Interesting. Looks like little miss goody two-shoes has a little secret. And I'm gonna find out what it is. You're not so innocent, Marinette. Your little secret will be out in the open and find out a clumsy fool like you can be Paris' famous hero. You won't win. *She walked out of the alley.*