I know that you're scared

All rights go to lovelywanda on AO3

-0-0-0-

Natasha woke up to the familiar feeling she almost got too used to waking up to. She was pulled tightly against the person who was laid behind her, their arms tightly wound around her waist as they were still in a deep sleep.

Natasha sighed in content as she slowly turned in the arms of the woman behind her so she could face her. The woman laid still in a deep sleep, her soft features accentuated in the soft glow of the morning sun.

She took this time to observe the woman’s face, from the slope of her nose to the freckles that adorned her face perfectly and her pink, quite literally perfect lips.

To anyone who saw the pair, they would think they were either together or happily married with how they acted. The cuddled and did everything for the other, but then they argued and bickered like a married couple.

The two never put a label on anything. And honestly, Natasha was almost grateful for it. She wasn’t good with feelings, nor was she good with expressing how she felt about certain things. But she knew the prominent feelings she had when she was around the younger woman.

It was like her heart grew two sizes when she was around her presence. The warm aura that she carried with her was enough to pull anyone into her presence. Her smile quite literally lit up the room whenever she smiled, and it automatically brought a smile to anyone’s face when they saw it.

Natasha would never admit it to herself but the feelings she had for the woman were a lot stronger than she’d ever thought. Natasha didn’t date, she didn’t do romance, and she didn’t do love. She was taught from a young age that love was for children, and that if you fell in love it made you weak. Years of that being drilled into her head truthfully made Natasha believe it.

She caught herself staring far too long at the woman in front of her as she reached her hand up to tuck some hair that had fallen into the woman’s face. This in turn caused the woman to stir and open her eyes, revealing her bright emerald eyes to the ocean blue eyes that were already staring back at her.

A small smile came across her face when she saw Natasha already awake and staring at her.

“Good morning.” She spoke softly, reaching a hand out to stroke the woman’s cheek, Natasha immediately leaning into the touch of the younger woman.

“We have training in 20 minutes.” Natasha spoke, ruining the perfect moment that the two had woken up to. A sigh escaped the woman’s lips as she laid back on the bed, running her fingers through her hair.

“Way to ruin the moment Natalia..” The woman said and pulled the covers back over her face. The shifting in the bed alerted her that Natasha had gotten up to begin getting ready.

“I’m serious Wanda, I want to see your ass in that training room in 20 minutes.” She spoke sternly as she walked into her closet to change out of her pajamas and into her workout gear.

“You do this every morning Nat..” Wanda sighed as she pulled herself out of bed to sit in the edge of it, watching the older woman as she changed.

“I don’t know what you’re talking about.” She said as she pulled her tank top over her head and walking to the bathroom to brush her teeth.

“This. You do this. You avoid me, you don’t like to cuddle in the morning and you get out of bed the first chance you get. I don’t understand why you keep pushing me away.” Wanda sighed.

Natasha poked her head out of the bathroom, toothbrush in hand and mouth full of toothpaste, looking at Wanda

“Why does it matter?” Wanda was silent, she just sat there and picked at her nails like she does when she’s always nervous about something.