Trust In Me Pt. 1

All rights go to hpprofessor1

-0-0-0-

Wanda changed into her comfy grey sweatpants and Stark Industries t-shirt and began her trek through the Avengers compound. The irony in taking pleasure in something Tony had his name on did not go past her, but she and Tony had long since talked about why Wanda avoided him at all costs and after multiple reassurances that he no longer made weapons and attempts to pay for everything and anything she needed, Wanda finally believed him.

Since then, Wanda had taken him up on his gesture of paying for the things she needed, only because she had no source of income as of yet and had nothing previously from Sokovia as well. Her designated driver to the stores had been Natasha, who surprisingly really enjoyed shopping herself. These trips to stores for Wanda’s basic needs turned into trips just for fun and eventually led them into being good friends.

Wanda wouldn’t admit it to anyone, but she had a big crush on Natasha since the hard to read woman pointed out that Wanda was wearing her leather jacket when defending Sokovia and was glad she was the one chosen to drive her to the stores. She never acted on her feelings and was trying to convince herself that she was grateful that they found a comfortable friendship between them. She pondered these thoughts as she stalked down the hallway to her destination.

Since defeating Ultron in Sokovia, the Avengers team had grown more and more, most recently with the addition of Ant-Man, or Scott as everyone else called him, much to his chagrin. With the new additions, it was hard for the team to get to know each other and spend time together as a group. Steve wanted everyone to get together at least once a week to get to know each other before having to inevitably defend each other on the field and thus established Friday movie nights.

Each Avenger would have a turn at picking the movie and everyone in the compound that was not currently on a mission would watch together. It was a great bonding experience for everyone. So far they had seen Pearl Harbor, Steve’s choice, Fight Club thanks to Tony, and Napoleon Dynamite at Peter’s request. Today happened to be Sam’s choice and everyone was waiting in the in-home theater to find out what he chose.

Sam stood up from his seat beside Wanda and dramatically announced what movie the team would be watching.

“Listen up everyone! Today I’ve got an unappreciated classic for you. We’ve got a live-action remake- Tony, don’t even start on how you think they’re trashy- involving excitement, action, and a little bit of music.” Sam explained while pacing in front of everyone.

“Sir Wilson, if you could tell us the name of this grand adventure we are about to see, I would be most appreciative.” Thor shouted from the back.

“What I was getting to is today we are watching The Jungle Book.” Mixed reactions came from the group, mostly disgruntlement from Tony who reiterated that live action remakes were trash, and excitement from Peter who started bursting out in song with The Bare Necessities.

Sam shook his head and sat back down in his seat after starting the movie. Wanda turned towards him to ask him about his choice, as she had not seen the movie before.

“What is this Jungle Book about?” She asked. Natasha, who was sitting on the other side of Wanda, chuckled when overhearing her innocent question with child-like curiosity.

“You’ll just have to watch, little witch. Let the mystery stay a mystery until you watch, it’s more fun that way.” Natasha spoke at her side.

“Yeah, I’m gonna have to agree with Nat on this one. You’ll like it, don’t worry.” Sam agreed, turning away from Wanda to face the screen.