iii. Tent and shirts

Jorja's POV.

5 years ago. (Jo is 14)

" Jo dina ste ready kom op choj op " (Jo food is ready, come eat) my mother called out. After a long day learning about defending myself and basic morals a good food is very helpful.

"Sha mama" I said and sat in the three legged chair .

"Ai heard dei de Yu nou laik following chit bilaik teacher ste saying " (I heard that you are not following what your teacher is saying) my mother asked quite strictly.

"En Yu didn't granplei defense he taught. Chit ste happening?"(why didn't you practice the defense he taught, what is happening?) She asked, she held my food plate.

I didn't say anything.

"Also, I heard that you are not seeing him like you're supposed to. You are supposed to visit him everyday but i heard that you didn't see him for 26 days! " She said, she only speaks English when she is very angry.

I didn't say anything, i couldn't.

"Where did you go? For all those 26 days? " She asked or shouted.

I kept my head low.

"Answer me" She said.

I couldn't, i didn't i didn't know why i didn't attend those days. I felt weak all the kids are so much better than me and what will happen I'll still be a bad warrior when i grow up. Mountain men will eventually take me and ill die, Or I'll get killed in the battle field.

I felt it hard to breathe and my throat felt like closing up.

I was doing it again. Think about my death, failure , weakness.

"That's IT! Tell me what did i teach you! " She said as she banged the steel plate o the table.

"Not to lie, not to fall behind, be the best, the first and don't show your weaknesses" I said it was barely audible.

"That correct and are you following any of them " She asked, i kept my gaze down.

"Chit ste happening Gia? "
(Whats happening Gia ?) My elder sister, well not mine my aunts daughter, my aunt she died in battlefield. Asked.

"Your sister, she is oit of hand" My mother said bitterly.

"What did you do now! " Kiran my sister asked angry. She is bad. She hates me. She'll make me serve her when mama is not around and treat me like a slave. She even beats me when she is angry or shout at me. And i already knew this is one of those days. Actually everyone did that, except Anya , Lexa whenever she visits and Lincoln.

I kept my gaze down. And then i felt a sharp pain on my cheek. She slapped me. Again

"You are not doing anything with you're life right! You're a shame to TonDc. It will be a shame if you represent us" She said.

"You are a disgrace. Why do you even go to learn how to defend yourself or ever care to become a warrior when you grow up. You'll probably end up as a cleaner or something because nobody can trust you you're not responsible enough" She said. That's it. Just like that tears slipped down my cheeks.