Chapter Seventy-Six

We had just finished eating and were just listening to the two look-alikes having a conversation as though we were not in the room. A part of me was happy for mom, I mean, Sivu seemed like a genuine person, but then, even u Tamkhulu seemed like a genuine person.

Sivu: I understand this is shocking, and I am sorry to be the one bearing such news. But I just wanted to meet you, meet your family and maybe get to know you guys. I don't have family, I don't have friends. Finding my sister was the only thing that kept me going these past few years.

Mom was crying, weeping to be exact.

Siya: Does granddad know about you?

Sivu: I don't know, but his ex-wife does.

Me: uMiyola? How?

Sivu: Like I said, I started looking for my family and that includes dad, two years ago, right after my adoptive parents passed away. I got a lead ngo tata kuqala, when I found his house, she was there, picking up some kids. They looked like they were going to a play date or the park or something. Since she was the only adult in sight, I stated why I was there and she cursed me that very moment. She basically banished and banned me from seeing him, told me if I wanted to live, I should stay away from him and his house. His entire family. I guess she felt threatened, like I was there to take her children's inheritance or something. I don't know. But even after that unpleasant encounter, I tried calling him, left him a few voice messages and he just never bothered himself.

I nodded...

Sivu: Just so we're all clear, I am not here for your money or anything of that sort. I just want family, my family. I've been a lonesome for some time, I want to be around people I can trust, people I can trust to love me regardless. I just... I want to belong.

Mom: I wish I could say let's do some tests, but, that would be insulting to you more than it would be to my intelligence.

Sivu: I don't mind sisi, we can do the tests nangoku. I have no reason to lie.

Mom: That wont be necessary, uhm, Sim, please prepare the guestroom for her.

Sivu: Uhm, that won't be necessary sisi, andihlelanga. I just wanted to meet you, and we did that. I just hope that from now on we can keep in touch? And not be total strangers, please?

Mom: Haibo, awuzolala kengoku?

Sivu: I don't want to intrude, and besides, I have a home.

Mom: That's good to hear, but you're sleeping here tonight. You can go back to your home ngomso. Sim?

I jumped, Musa followed me and I wanted to laugh at her face as soon as she shut the door behind her in the spare room. She had both her hands on her waist, and a poker face on!

Musa: uMama uno sister? How? She did she come from? When?

Me: Yho, same questions I have baby girl, sorry, I have no answers. Maybe you could ask her, the sister?

Musa: She's fragile.

Me: Huh? What does that even mean?

Musa: I don't know, but it fits her shame.

Me: Mumu where did you even hear that word?

Musa: Eskolweni, come on!

She then turned away and walked out leaving me stunned!

***

The following morning we woke up, and mom had prepared breakfast for the whole family. Well, cereal for us, scholars.

Siya: Baphi abanye?

Mom: Apparently there's no school for them.

Siya: Wow!

He grabbed his cereal, and went to eat while standing in the veranda. I didn't know where we stood since our last brawl, so I didn't bother following him. Mom didn't have to know that sixabene, she already had a lot on her plate. I went to sit with her in the lounge, she was talking on the phone with someone, sounded serious.

"What's up with your brother this morning?" she asked right after that phone call and I shrugged. She frowned at me...

Mom: Did you two fight?

Me: NO! Why would you even think of that?

Mom: You did fight, why would you be that defensive? Nixabene ngantini ke?

I huffed, putting my bowl on the table.

Me: It's nothing serious wethu mama, don't mind us.

Mom: Simbongile?

Just then, he walked back in, grabbed his bag and asked for mom's car keys. She gave him, wayohlala emotweni. I shrugged, got up and went to put my bag in the sink. Why didn't she question him?

We then left for school, all the way, he was busy on his phone. I could tell mom wanted to talk, but whoever called Siya had impeccable energy. They were laughing too, I must say, I was a bit jealous.

AFTER SCHOOL...

I saw Qhamani's bike and almost tripped over.

I ran to him, he picked me up, swung me around and then hugged me. My heart floated in joy, for a second I forgot that I didn't speak to my brother for that entire day.

Qhamani: Where's Siya?

Me: I don't know, and I think we should go ngoku engekaveli, wait, aren't you supposed to be here ngoLwesihlanu kanti?

He laughed as he gave me my helmet, not intending on giving me an answer.

We got to his house, to the flat at the back and as soon as my bag his the bean bag on the corner of the room, his hands found comfort around me. He pinned me against the huge mirror, kissing my neck, lifting my leg against his body. I couldn't utter a word, but my hands were doing all the talking... I missed him so much. His presence made so much sense, we made so much sense. He took a step back and just looked at me, I frowned in confusion.

Me: What's wrong?

Qhamani: This, what we're doing here, is wrong.

Me: We're just kissing, for goodness sake, it's not like we're having sex.

Qhamani: The kissing could lead to us having sex Sim, we need to stop this. Ngoku.

Me: You're such a wimp!

He laughed, the "sukundiqhela" type of laugh, but stepped forward to kiss me and as I melted in his embrace again, he stopped but didn't move an inch. His breathing hastened, and his scent even much stronger than a second ago.

Qhamani: I am not a wimp, you know that. I will forgive you today, because you seem to be under duress. Come, join me.

He pulled my hand and led me to his bed, then he took out lots of snacks and indulged. I huffed, taking a packet of Doritos.

----