Chapter Ninety-Eight

-Simbongile Princess Ntabeni

I woke up the following morning and went to Gog'Nobesuthu's hut. I wanted to go home, I couldn't even fathom how mom was coping, deep down I knew that she loved granddad, regardless of what was going on between them. Gogo didn't have a problem with me leaving and coming back after the funeral, so I went back to the hut that I shared with other people and started packing, then I called dad.

Dad: Princess?

Me: Tata, please come and fetch me.

Dad: Haibo, you just got there.

Me: Ndithethile no mama walapha, she's okay with me leaving ndizobuya immediately after the funeral.

Dad: Okay ke, I'll fetch you in the afternoon. I have a couple of things to do right now.

Me: Okay, thank you.

I spent the entire day indoors because I couldn't bring myself to mingle with the people, I was hacked. I just wanted to be left alone. It didn't help that Siya wasn't responding to my texts. When dad finally came to fetch me I had received a text from Kamva but didn't have the strength to text back. I actually didn't open it, read it from the screen and carried on with life.

A few days later, we moved to Granddad's house, because that was where the funeral was going to take place. Aunt Ovayo hadn't changed much, she was still the loudest and happiest soul, Aunt Sivu on the other hand was very reserved. Other than that, everyone was busy preparing for the funeral kwafika nabanye abantu that I didn't even know. Kamva texted again, but after reading her text I decided to call her.

Kamva: Sim, hey.

Me: Hey, what's up?

Kamva: You didn't read my text?

Me: I need context kaloku, why do you think your dad will break up with my mom?

She sighed.

I waited.

Kamva: That night when I visited you guys.

Me: You listened to an adults' conversation and reacted, you already said that part in your text.

Kamva: Your mom texted me, I don't know what to say to her Sim. Ndineentloni.

Me: I like you Kamva, I really do... but right now I don't have it in me to discuss and dissect anything else besides my grandfather's passing. I get that you're his only child and you come first but dude I really feel like if ubhuti really loved his fiancé the way he says he does, then he would be here with her. But then again, we can't really expect him to drop everything and come running to use every time we need him so we do understand.

Kamva: Oh my God, how insensitive of me... I'm sorry. Condolences to you and your family.

Me: Thanks.

We hung up and I went to find Siya, he was sitting in the garden watching the kids play. I sat next to him in silence, he eyed me but didn't say a word. After a while, I spoke up.

Me: Kamva thinks the folk might break up.

Siya: Nizi friends?

Me: No

Siya: Where do you talk?

Me: She may have stolen my number from her dad's phone, I think. She texted me earlier, and I just called her. She's talking all over the place.

Siya: Well asimazi u Kamva, she could be right, she could be wrong. Mom introduced the relationship to us, she will come back and tell us if iyaphela or iphelile.