Who did you meet first?

Quick side note, I'm using Mx. instead of Miss or Mr cause I'm using they/them pronouns for the reader, but if you prefer you can just change it in your head. Also if you're curious you read Mx. as "Mix".

And IDK if there's a tunnel in the cairn or not, but let's pretend there is, and let's pretend there's Charlotte somewhere in the background (the girl from miss P's loop that aged in the 80s)

 Also in this version, Victor died in the early 90s

________________________________________

Aries-Victor

By the time you got off the boat, you were sleep-deprived and just wishing to go to bed. In the letter, it stated that some other student was supposed to direct you to the school since it was in the woods and no one wants to search the forest by themself.

The people were leaving the deck while you stood in the middle of the port waiting for anyone to come up to you. Which thankfully happened after just a few minutes. 

A dark-haired boy came running in your direction. He was wearing suspenders along with a white button-up shirt. He looked pretty strange in contrast with surrounding him leaving passengers.

"Hullo," he said grinning, "I'm Victor Bruntley. You're Y/n L/N, right?"

"Yes, are you the student that's supposed to escort me to the school?" You asked looking him up and down. His bright mood didn't seem to match the greyish environment that surrounded you two, which made him looked out of place.

"Indeed, that's me. I apologize for being late, but the mud was especially muddy today," he smiled apologetically.

"Oh, it's no problem, really. It was only a couple of minutes after all," you said.

"I guess you're right." He leaned back and started walking towards the forest. "Come on, the headmistress is waiting." You took your suitcases that now seemed to be double the weight they were before and started walking after Victor. He looked back at you and stopped in his trucks. "Oh, let me take that for you."

"No, it's no problem really," you smiled.

"I insist," He said. You gave up and let him take your luggage. He carried it without a problem and started chatting with you. He seemed nice, but a little dumb which actually you didn't mind. 

After a while you came across the muddy mud Victor was talking about earlier.

"Try following my steps. It should be easier that way," he said and started walking across the road. You followed suit trying to keep up with him. When you got through the toughest part you arrived at a cave. It didn't look welcoming at all. You stopped to examine it while Victor got in.

"Are you alright?" He asked.

"Is the school in the cave?" You replied suspiciously.

"Well, in some sense. Come on," he said and disappeared into the darkness. Since he had your luggage and you would probably fell face down if you tried to return you decided to follow him. "Are you coming?" Vicor called out.

"Yes, yes," you said and joined Victor in the cave. You walked a few meters when Victor started walking faster. Not wanting to be left alone you also sped up and started crawling when the tunnel started narrowing. When it widened again you came across a dead end.

"What the..." You looked at Victor who was leaning against the wall panting a little looking like he was waiting for something. You felt like you had a minute-long headache before you noticed Victor ducking again to cross the tunnel once more. You groaned softly and came out after him on a sunny afternoon. It was a lot warmer and the colours seemed a lot more vibrant than when you arrived.