Chapter 4

"Why do I have to come wake you up every day?  Your old enough to get up on your own," my dad explains as he walkes into my room.
     "If it were up to me, I wouldn't have to get up," I joke.
     "Get out of here. Go to class you hippy,".
     "Consider me gone," I say almost running out the door. The bus is waiting at the stop. I get on. Time to listen to music for a boring half our ride. 
     Arriving at school, I look around to find Cami, but she doesn't show. Bell rings...  No  Cami. She's never missed a day of a school.           What's going on?
     The next day, no Cami.  This trend continues for 3 more days. A whole week of no Cami. I decide to  call her.
     Call... Call... Call... No answer. Go to her house. No one's home. Talk to neighbors, no Cami. This is scary. Call her parents. Answer.
     "Hey how's it going?" I ask.
     "I'm fine, a little cold but still alive." comes the voice of Cami's mother.
     "Cold? It's 100° in Arizona...?"
     "Did Cameron not tell you?"
     "I'm afraid not."
    " Well my husband had a job offer so we had to move to Iowa. I'm sorry she didn't say anything.  She was probably just scared to leave her best friend. "
    " Oh well thank you for telling me. " I hang up. I look around and call my dad.  I tell him I don't feel well and he needs to pick me up. 
     He does this. When I get home I lay on my bed and wait for him to come tell me he has to go to work and I'll be home alone.  I don't care.  I  want to be alone.
     He leaves and I cry my heart out for the rest of the day.  Then the next day and for a few days to come.