Chapter Two

Saturday 6th May
Y/N's POV
"How can they be your friends if they know nothing about you?"
A woman's voice. Unrecognisable. It's dark. I can hear Natasha too, she's screaming my name. I can't answer, it hurts to hear her in pain.  "They don't understand your true potential Y/N. Not like I do." I scream Natasha's name, my heart pounds. There are flashing images of her beaten face as she walks towards me. I fall to my knees.
-
My eyes snap open. Soaked in cold sweat, I groan in disgust and curse out myself. "Fuck's sake." Another nightmare. It's more detailed than the last, that seems to be the pattern at the moment. I remove my shirt, wipe my face with the dry side and replace it. Funny, it's one of those novelty t-shirts made for Wanda fans. I chuckle a little. It was a gift from her for my birthday, a little thing we three do. Bruce Wanda and I.

My room feels smaller than usual. The walls are hugging me, not in a comforting way, instead suffocating me. The walls are plain, unpainted: I still haven't gotten around to it. Pictures of me and Nat are stuck with that adhesive stuff Wanda gave me, tacky blue or something. I take one off of the wall to observe it closely. Christmas morning, last year. We were wearing matching Santa hats. 'I'm with dumbass' on hers, and 'So am I' on mine. She had her arm wrapped around my neck in a headlock grinning from ear to ear. I can only just make out Sam in the background, he's sprayed Bruce with whipped cream. I giggle at the sight.

My stomach twists. I think i have fucked it. I mean, am I even allowed to think about her like that? She's my friend.

Meanwhile = Downstairs
(Thoughts being heard will be in bold)

"She's just so nice to look at."
-
Vision and Wanda are downstairs cooking dinner. Unsurprisingly, it smells absolutely divine. They have been meaning to teach Y/N actually. Spaghetti bolognese first, they thought, something quite simple. Something that they'll be able to keep up with.

Wanda can hear something quite faintly coming from upstairs. It's Y/N, she thought. "Am i allowed to look at her like that?"
"Vis, can you hear that?" she says.
"Hear what, my dear?" He turns to face her but Wanda turns away towards the stairs, trying to concentrate.
Y/N's thoughts are often quite loud, and Wanda doesn't make a habit of listening in. This time, she decides to make an exception, because they sound quite distressed. "She's just so nice to look at."
"Is something the matter dear." Vision turns to Wanda, he looks worryingly at her and presses a palm to her back.
"Vis, it's Y/N. I think I can hear them thinking." she says in return. He turns to face her and tilts his head in confusion.
"From all the way downstairs?" he questions, "have your powers been getting stronger or something?" He smiles lovingly, he fake tickles her and she giggles. "They must be." They smile at each other, and she gestures to quieten Vis, who presses his lips together to keep himself calm.
She place her hands on the edge of the countertop to hold her weight. She clears her throat and begins to hum lowly to completely focus her mind. It's a Sokovian folksong, it helps to blocks out any surrounding thoughts from the building, any white noise.
"Y/N's talking about someone!" She clasps her hands over her mouth in shock.
Vision's eyes widen and he smiles. "Aww, how sweet, " he presses his hands together in delight, "so, who do we think it is darling?"
Wanda crosses her arms and leans her chin on her fist. "Well, they do keep mentioning a 'she'."
They both ponder for a moment until Vis suddenly perks up. "Could it perhaps be Miss Romanoff?" Wanda stops, tilts her head and nods a little, "I think you're right." She holds Vision's hand tightly in order to share her power with him.
"Oh, you would find her, in my polaroid pictures."
Wanda scrunches her nose and claps gently, she jumps up a little. Vision squeezes her tightly in a hug, and they both jump together for a few seconds.
"Oh Vis, you were right, " she squeezes him in a hug and they both smile, "Y/N has pictures of them both together on their wall."
"She means everything to me."
Wanda frowns a little at the tone of Y/N's thoughts. "We should talk to them." She pauses and draws away from Vision to look into his eyes. She grips onto his hands and runs her thumb gently over the back. "Yes, I think we should," he returns, "let's not wait."
They smile sweetly at each other.
"I love you Vis."
"I love you more Wanda."
"Oh really?"
"Yes, really."
Vision spins Wanda around and she giggles. He lifts her up off her feet, bridal style, and carries her up the stairs.

[A/N: hi everyone!! hope you're enjoying the story so far]