Chapter Sixteen

Monday 8th May
Y/n's POV
"It's Wanda."

"What's wrong with her? Is she okay?" my voice wavers, I'm always assuming that the worse has happened. I look into Bruce's eyes, and it's clear he has too. I grip onto his hand tightly, and look back over at Tony.
"It's not her you need to be worrying about."
What does that even mean? That doesn't make sense. "Look, just come with me." he says, he must have noticed the look of confusion on my face.
"Hey Brucey, it'll be okay," I whisper to him, "did you want to come with me? You don't have to."
"Can I just stay here?" he whispers back, voice catching in his throat. I nod gently and wrap my blue hospital blanket over his shoulders. I can't bear to see him so low like this.

Nat makes her way over to the bed to help me up, she grabs my arm with her left hand and raises me up, wrapping her arm just under my waist. She helps me walk over to the door, "It's alright, I've got you," she says, hushing her voice as to not startle Bruce, who is zoning out and staring out of the window. Tony has already started making his way across the landing. I glance back in the room before shutting the door and leaving Bruce in there.
"I don't feel so good about leaving him there," I pat my trousers, "Shit, where's my phone?"
She shakes her head, "Tone, have you seen Y/n's cell?"
"You can use mine," he calls back. Keeping his head forward, he takes and throws a small flip phone from his pocket and over his head. Nat catches it, rolling her eyes. "That's funny billionaire, you could be more careful."
"And I also could buy that whole cell phone company about twenty times over, but I'm not gonna, because I don't wanna."
She huffs and passes me the phone. I flip it open in my right hand. I scroll through his contacts, down to 'T'.
"Hey Tony, do you not have Thor's number?"
"Pointbreak" he calls back.
I sigh and scroll back up to 'P'.

————————————————————————
To: Pointbreak🔨
"Hey Thor, can you please sit with Bruce for a bit, I'm really worried about him.
(this is Y/n btw, not Tony)"
[DRAFTS] [SEND]

————————————————————————
NEW MESSAGE
From: Pointbreak🔨
"Good Evening Y/n,
I would love to sit with Bruce, he is my favourite green person. Where can he be located?
P.S. I love you tiny midgardian."
————————————————————————
To: Pointbreak🔨
"It's not evening yet Thor, also he's in my hospital room, ground floor, not the basement room.
P.S. I love you too, mighty God."
[DRAFTS] [SEND]
————————————————————————

I click Tony's phone shut and press it into my back pocket. We make our way downstairs, underneath the campus. Are we heading toward the hospital ward that's in the basement? I chew on the inside of my mouth anxiously. Tony continues leading us down the stairs, but instead of turning left toward the ward, he turns right. I've never been this way before.
"Where are we going?"
"Holding cells," Natasha says back.
I didn't know we had holding cells downstairs, and I've been here for three years.
Down the corridor is a horseshoe room of cells. A large glass one in the middle of the room and a semicircle of jail cells around the edge of the room.
Wanda is tied up in the glass cell, a flashing collar wrapped around her neck, makeup smudged and running down her cheeks.
"Oh god," I push off of Natasha's support and run to the glass, pressing my hands on it, like a kid at an aquarium, peering in at the animals inside.
"Back for me so soon Y/n?" a voice says from a cell to the right of me. I didn't even notice that Steve was there until he makes his way into the light, wrapping his fingers around the bars in the cell. He laughs at the look in my face, and I wince, shutting my eyes tight and leaning my head against the glass. Natasha hits the bars where his fingers were, and yells "Keep it zipped Rogers."
"Wanda, I'm going to get you out of there!" she doesn't respond, or even look up at me, "Wanda!" I bang my palms on the glass.
"Tony, please, you have to let her out."
"I can't," he says, "I've already asked."
"Evil little bitch" a low rough voice says.
I turn to face Steve, head on.
"What," I take a step towards him, "the fuck did you just say?"
"I said," he pauses and leans forward into the bars, "she's an evil bitch." I know he's doing this on purpose, he's trying to get a reaction out of me. I don't care.
Nat's hand reaches out from behind me and grips onto my shoulder. "Don't listen to him."she says.
I keep my eyes fixated on Steve, if looks could kill, he'd be dead ten times over. I shake off Nat's hand from my shoulder. She doesn't say anything, but I can tell she's hurt by my silence.
"Oof, that must have hurt Romanoff. I swear, I could just slice the tension in here with a butter knife." He laughs as I advance closer towards him. "Shut up Steve." I clench my fist close to my thigh.
"Ooo, fiery!" he smirks, "just like I remember." He whispers. I feel the heat resonating from my hand, like it's burning.
"Why don't you come join me in here," his smirk drops as he brings his face closer to mine, "it's nice and hot just how you like it."

"Shut the fuck up!" I scream, my voice echoes through the close to empty room, and I slam my fist against the bars, my face inches from his.
"Y/n?" Natasha's quiet voice cools down the heat of my anger almost immediately. I turn to face her, my back to the bars now.
"Just as fiery as before then." He whispers.

I walk away from him, maintaining eye contact with Tony, "You have to let her out of there Stark. Or I swear to God."

"It's not my call, okay?" he says, checking his holographic watch, it has a small picture of Wanda beamed up with all her file information. "Look, I'll talk to Fury, see what I can do. No promises though." He pivots on his heel and makes his way back down the hall and up the stairs.

"We're going to get you out of there Red, I promise." I say, placing my hand back onto the glass, it's cool on my palm, which still feels like it's on fire. "I promise."

[A/N: please don't forget to vote!! it really helps <3 also if you notice any mistakes, don't be afraid to point them out]