➪𝙀𝙇𝙀𝙑𝙀𝙉. 𝙞

"Maybe today's not the day."

—— Warm rays of sunlight shines through the blinds into the bedroom of a teenager, waking them up

—— Warm rays of sunlight shines through the blinds into the bedroom of a teenager, waking them up. They were surprised they woke up earlier than their alarm.

Y/n also found themselves quite energetic as well, which was rare.

"Today might be a pretty nice day after all..." Y/n thought to themselves.

They got ready for school quickly, and after a nice breakfast with their parents, y/n headed off to meet up with Reki and Langa at their usual spot so they could walk into class together.

Y/n could almost here a faint upbeat background music in their imagination, like they were some sort of main character. They felt themselves smiling genuinely, which y/n discovered they had been doing a lot more recently.

Maybe it was because they had new people to care about now, or maybe it was because they were simply under the spell of love.

Perhaps it was a mix of both.

"Y/n! Over here!" A familiar voice cried out.

Y/n lifted up their head, only to find Reki giving them that wide grin that they loved so much. Langa stood beside him, his face also wearing a smile.

As they approached closer to the two teenage boys, y/n greeted them with a small wave, and the group started making their way to school.

"You seem happier than usual today, y/n!" Reki chuckled, as he hooked his arm around y/n's shoulder.

"I noticed that too." Langa nodded as well.

"I'm not sure why, but I feel like today is going to be just fine." Y/n giggled softly, their shoulders slightly tense from Reki's touch.

"Ohh, I know how you feel! There are definitely some days that just feel better than the others." Reki exclaimed.

The three teenagers continued conversing with each other until they reached the front of the school. By the end, of the walk, everyone's mood has lifted even higher than before.

Perhaps also a sign of good luck?

—— Class went surprisingly smooth today

—— Class went surprisingly smooth today. Y/n was daydreaming during the entirety of the lesson, so when the teacher called on them, they panicked and just blurted out a random answer.

Coincidentally, it was the correct answer, which was quite a shock to the teen.

Y/n was able to make it to lunch time without doing any work at all.

And so, noon came around, and the trio consisting of Reki, Langa, and y/n were making their way to their usual eating spot on the roof.

As they were walking up a flight of stairs, a teacher called out to y/n.

"L/n, do you have a moment? The principal wanted to have a word with you." The teacher said to y/n.

"Uh oh, has my good luck finally run out today?" Y/n thought to themselves.

"Of course. I'll be right there. Reki, Langa, you guys should start eating without me." Y/n gave the two a nod, before following the teacher.

Reki and Langa both gave them a small smile and thumbs up, implying that y/n shouldn't worry too much. Y/n let out a small sigh of relief to calm themselves, and made their way to the principal's office.

"L/n, sorry if that made you nervous, but I promise it's nothing bad. You'll find out when you talk to the principal." The teacher gave y/n a small smile, before opening the door to the office for y/n to enter.

The principal's smelled like fresh lavender, and it felt warm, the sunny rays making its way into the organized office.

"It's my first time here, and it's already not as bad as I thought." They thought.

"Hello, L/n. Please take a seat, thank you for coming." The principal motioned for them to sit.

Y/n sat down on the cushioned chair, and looked down nervously, as they fidgeted with their fingers.

"As you know, your grade in art class is surpassing all the students at our school right now. Your art teacher proposed to submit a piece of your work into a national art competition representing our school." The principal explained.

"No way, a national competition?!" Y/n thought.

"Therefore, after most of the staff here taking a look at your portfolio, we all agreed. We want to ask if you were okay with our proposal. You don't have to give me your answer right now, since it was quite a lot to take in."

"I'll do it! I don't mind at all! Honestly, I'm honoured to represent our school." Y/n agreed instantly with a smile.

"That's great to hear. I'll let the art teacher know. I'm looking forward for you to earn recognition on behalf of our school. Ah, you may also be dismissed now. I wouldn't want you to miss lunch." The principal smiled at y/n.

"Thank you so much!" Y/n gave them a bow, before leaving.

"I can't believe I got chosen! Today might actually be the day of my good luck!" Y/n thought excitedly.

As they made their way to the rooftop to rejoin Reki and Langa again to tell them the good news, y/n had a thought.

"I think my good luck is going to help. I'm going to confess my feelings for Reki when I get to the roof!" Y/n thought.

They hummed a cheerful tune, thinking of different ways to say the line, while walking up to the door to the roof.

Y/n opened the door, expecting to see a certain red head and a boy with pastel blue hair laughing at skateboarding videos.

However their eyes were met with something else instead.

Langa Hasegawa was kissing Reki Kyan.

There was no way right?

It's just the sunlight blinding y/n's eyes, giving off an illusion right?

The sun in the sky was suddenly covered by cloud with a strong gust of wind, sending chills down y/n's spine.

And this confirmed it.

Reki Kyan was most definitely kissing Langa Hasegawa back.

"And all I can do is stay frozen, feeling my tears well up."

status: unedited

status: unedited

(Sorry not sorry for this chapter 😩👆)