Dead Presidents

Marleigh's POV

"Venti Strawberry matcha frap!" The barista slightly yelled, getting my attention

Quickly grabbing my drink, and checking that my name was on it, I left out of the local coffee shop, and made my way across the street to my job.

"Morning, Leigh. You look beautiful, as always." Albert, the security guard at the door greeted me, as I walked through the metal detector.

I worked as a bank teller for First State Bank of Illinois, and for the year and a half I've been working here, Albert had been trying to shoot his shot

"Thank you, Albert. You look nice too. Have you been working out?"

"A little bit. Nothing too crazy." He said, flexing his muscles a little bit.

"So, Leigh, I was thinking would you like to go out with me sometime. You know? Like a date?" He nervously asked.

Although I've politely declined his dates in the past, Albert still held out hope.

"Sure. How about we get dinner after work? Is that ok?"

"Uh, y-yeah. That's perfect." He said, in disbelief that I actually accepted.

"Good. I better clock in, and get the day started." I said, before heading behind the tellers desk, to my own station.

Quickly setting my purse under my desk, I clocked in, and started counting my register, making sure all the money was still counted for, that was there yesterday.

As soon as eight o'clock hit, a couple of people were already coming in, to cash checks, since it was Friday.

Pay day.

~

"Ma'am, I understand your situation, however, I can't cash the check because it's been more than a year since it was written out. The check is null and void." I told the irritable old woman.

Like why the fuck would you wait so long to cash a check, then get mad at me, because you let it expire?

Make it make sense.