1

I opened my heavy eyes and looked over to his empty side of the covers. I shoot up sitting on the edge of the bed.

Where could he possibly be so early in the morning.

I walk out of our bedroom and look over the railing into the living room. "Kai?" I was met with silence.

Walking down the stairs, my eyes searching the room I yell again. "Kai?....Hello?" I finally get to the bottom of the staircase and look around the house to find he is nowhere to be found.

"Ugh of course he leaves without telling me."

I feel someone wrap their arms around my waist.

"Did you miss me that much, Emmy?" He whispered in my ear. I turn to meet his gaze. "Where the hell were you?"

He avoids my eyes but grins. "I was out...." I met his eyes once again. "Out? Doing what?"

He hummed and shrugged. "You know, out doing stuff." I break away from his hold clearly irritated.

"What stuff, Malachai?" I say with heavy irritation in my voice. "Emmy, you know I hate when you call me that."

I fold my arms in annoyance. "Answer the question, Kai. What were you doing?"

He walks closer to me and wraps his arms around my waist. "I was visiting some family." I break away from his grasp, noticing a splotch of blood on the collar of his shirt. "What the hell did you do Kai?"

I backed away from him bumping into the kitchen counter. "I just gave some well deserved revenge on people who deserved it!" He looked pleased with himself.

I shook my head and looked away from him. "Kai you can't keep doing this, I hate when you do that!"

His fingers touched my chin moving my face towards him again. "They treated me like shit, they deserved what they got."

A tear fell out of my eye. Smacking his hand away I stormed back upstairs to the bedroom, slamming the door behind me.

++++

"Emmy, please talk to me." Ignoring Kai, I take another bite of my pancakes I had made for myself. "Please, you know how I hate being ignored!"

When I ignore him it reminded him of his rough childhood when he was growing up.

"Ok......I'm sorry Emmy, ok?" He tried to meet my eyes but I looked away continuing to ignore him.

"I SAID IM SORRY OK?" I flinched at his angry, booming voice. "Sorry isn't enough, Kai. You can't keep doing this." I said looking up at him.

Rising from my seat I grabbed the keys heading for the door.

"Where are you going?" He asked with anger still hinting in his voice. I met his blazing stare from across the room.

"I'm going out."

He started storming towards me. "ESMAY DON-" I slammed the door shut before he could finish his sentence.

I got in the car and drove to my favorite coffee shop.

I sat down at my usual table by the window, letting out a heavy sigh as I sat down. I looked out the window to thinking about what to do.

"You look upset do you want to talk about it?" An unfamiliar voice said.