5

Waking up to the sun shining in my eyes I sit up and yawn.

Holding a plate of food, Rafe walks through the door smiling.

"Good morning beautiful! You're 23 weeks along, today! Are you ready to go get the ultrasound today princess?"

Smiling wide, I excitedly take the plate out of his hands. "Ugh I love you, you amazing human. Baby is the size of a grapefruit now! I'm so excited to see the ultrasound!" I say, shoveling food into my mouth.

Rafe has a giant grin on his face as he watches me eat. "What?" I say food still in my mouth.

"You love me? Is that what you just said?" He said with his eyebrows raised waiting for me to respond.

I swallow what I have in my mouth and look at him with a big smile. "Well yea, you're the father of my child, of course I love you."

That wasn't the first time I had told him I loved him, he just loved it when I said it, every. single. time. 

He leans in close to my face. "I love you too princess." Kissing me, he puts his hand on my stomach.

"Ok let's get ready to go get the ultrasound."

He gets up from the bed and goes back into the living room, already dressed and ready to go.

My phone buzzes on my nightstand. I pick it up and see a text from Kai.

"Baby Parker is 6 months along. Our little grapefruit is growing!"

I laugh at the text and get up from the bed to get ready to go. My phone buzzes again, I pick it up and it's another text from Kai.

"Don't you have an ultrasound today? Can I come?"

Oh no, they both want to come to the ultrasound. It has been so hard already trying to be with both of them. It's starting to get exhausting.

I sigh and text back. "You went to the ultrasound last time, Caroline wanted to come this time." My phone buzzes.

"That's not fair, she isn't the father of the child!" I laugh, responding. "Well I would hope not!"

I turn my phone to silent and get ready to go.

"Princess lets go, we are gonna be late!" I walk out of the bedroom holding out my shoes for him to tie them.

"Damnnnn, I have a hot baby mamma." I chuckle and continue to hold out my shoes. "Can you tie my shoes? I can't reach my toes."

Kissing my forehead he gets on one knee signaling for me to put my foot on his knee so he can tie it. "Thanks babe."

He switches feet and finishes tying my shoes.

"You're cute when you need my help." He comes back to my level and kisses me. "Ok, let's go see baby Cameron!"

~~~

"Ok Esmay this gel is going to feel just a little bit cold on your stomach." Katy, the nurse that was doing the ultrasound said as she spread the gel across my stomach with the transducer.

Katy showed us the screen of our baby.

Hearing a sniffle, I look over at Rafe and I see a tear rolling down his face.

"Hey hey, baby come here." I pause fanning my hand towards me, signaling for him to move closer to me.

I pull his face to mine and he kisses me back.

I break away from the kiss lightly laughing. "At least I have hormones to blame for when I uncontrollably cry, what's your excuse?"

He laughs and looks at me intently. "I can't wait to meet our kid, Es."