4

Opening the door, I walk into the house.

Kai comes out of the bedroom coming into view and leans over the railing to see who had just walked in.

"Emmy! Let me guess you lost the bet, like always." He said jokingly.

Looking at my serious expression, his laughter immediately stops and he quickly makes his way down the stairs.

"Esmay, this isn't something to lie about....you're- serious?"

He puts his hands on my slumped shoulders.

"Can we sit down and talk this through?" I say trying to get out of his grip.

We make our way onto the couch and I take a deep breath running my hand through my hair.

He speaks up while looking at his fidgeting hands. "Em, you know what I have to do if it's twins. We can't have twins and have that happen."

I look at him lifeless and blank, a tear escaping from my eye.

Quickly wiping the tear away before he sees, I sadly nod my head.

"It's not going to be twins, Kai." I say unbelievably, not even convincing myself.

"Em? Can I say something?" I make eye contact with his glittery blue eyes.

"I'm glad you're pregnant!" He says with a light smile.

I roll my eyes dramatically thinking he is joking. "Yea so you can trap me here to be with you forever. I thought you said you hated kids, so why?"

He cups my face and leans in close, our faces a few inches from each other.

"Because I realized Em, that all this time away from you has killed me. I can't stand to be alone without you."

I looked into his eyes unsure if what he was saying was true. His eyes intently gazed upon me telling me that it was.

"You were the only person who actually ever cared about me and I betrayed your trust."

I scoffed as he paused and continued.

"That was the worst mistake of my life. You're the only person I care about and this whole week I didn't see you, I realized how much I really did care about you. Emmy, I realized that I'm in love with you."

There it was, the four letter word I had been dying to hear come out of his mouth for two years.

He finally said it. I can't believe he just said that. Did I change a sociopath to being able to love and care? I did that?

Rafe beat him to the punch though.

Two separate possible baby daddies both told me that never before heard word, on the same day.

My jaw dropped, yet again to the second love confession of the day.

Not being able to hide my emotion of shock I just sat there, tears starting to fill my eyes.

I couldn't tell if they were tears of fear, sadness, stress, hormones, or joy but I didn't care I just let them fall.

"I know Em, my face is too gorgeous not to cry when you look at it, I get it." Kai said sarcastically.

I hit his arm and thought of a comeback. "No, it's just really ugly it hurts my eyes."

We laughed as he wiped the tears that were streaming down my face.

"No but seriously Emmy, I'm happy I get to raise our child with you. I get to be a dad, a better father than mine ever was. No one is ever going to hurt our baby, Em. That is something that I can promise you, I swear. I won't stop protecting them until I die."

With a wide smile on my face the distance is broken between our lips and they are reunited once again.

Everything just felt perfect, almost as if fireworks were flying.

Kai slowly pulls away from the kiss to say something. "I hope they don't snore as loud as you do."

I burst out laughing and playfully hit him on the arm. "Shut up! At least they can't be as annoying as you." He dropped his jaw acting hurt.

"I don't know Em, I don't think anyone could ever bypass your record for being annoying."

I scoff and roll my eyes. "Whatever." He smiles. "You know you love me Emmy."

There that word was again.

My heart skipped a beat, I had almost forgotten about Rafe. What have I done?

"Emmy? Hello? Earth to Esmay????"

Snapping back to where I was, I have a sick feeling embedded in my stomach.

"Sorry, I um, I don't feel too good. I should go back to the Caroline's. She is probably worried that her pregnant friend hasn't returned her texts. So, I'm gonna...go."

I shoot up from my seat feeling nauseous. I knew it wasn't morning sickness this time, it was guilt.

Walking over to the door as lifeless as a robot, Kai pins me against the wall grabbing my attention.

"Em, move back here with me. You're pregnant with our child, it would make sense."

Technically it's 50/50, it could be either of their baby's. I thought to myself unphased by the sexual tension he tried to create.

I shook my head trying to move out of his wall pin.

"Kai, I really don't think that's a good idea. Not only would you have to regain the trust you lost, but the things you've done will put our child in danger and I just can't do that." Pausing, I look at the guilt he held in his eyes.

"I just think me and the baby are safer with Caroline right now. So if you love me and the baby like you say you do, then let us stay safe. Just until you have proven me otherwise."

Unpinning me from the wall he looks down at the ground sadly.

Cupping his face, I bring his face back up to meet my eyes. "Hey, listen, I love you too Malachai."

His face brightens up and I softly kiss his lips and begin walking out of the door.

He slaps my butt and I whip my head back to see a smirk on his face. I giggle and leave the house.

++++

Staggering through the door I slowly place my keys on the table.

Heavily sighing, I feel arms come around my waist and rest on my stomach.

Startled, I jumped a little and turned to face Rafe, who has a wide grin on his face.

"Geez you scared me, don't do that. At least give me a warning first, or make a sound."

I place my arms around his neck, smiling up at him.

"God you're beautiful." Giggling, I go on my tippy toes to kiss him. He moves his hand up to my neck to take control over the kiss.

I can't help but smile when the kiss ends and I move out of his grip, moving towards the bedroom.

"I'm going to go take a shower." Rafe follows behind me with a smirk on his face.

He walks in front of me and leans on the doorframe blocking my way to the bathroom.

"Can I join, princess?" I look up and tapping my lip, looking like I'm thinking. "Hmm let me think....not a chance." I say with a smirk.

Kissing his cheek, I move past him.

I get into the bathroom and start the shower, undressing and getting in.

I hear the bathroom door open and the shower curtain moves revealing Rafe.

He looks me up and down humming with a smirk on his face.

I giggle. "I thought I told you no, Rafe."

Making a pouty face he lets go of the curtain, letting it drop. "Why are you messing with my feelings, Es? You're such a tease."

Rolling my eyes I open the curtain. "I'm just messing with you babe, com-"

He was already undressed and moving back towards me. "Already ahead of you princess."