Chapter 1

Suzume POV

Love is a funny thing, it can make you do stupid things, it may blind you from the truth, it can make you desperate, it can make you the happiest person in the world or the most miserable. Love is the best feeling in the world or the worst one, it can be the most beautiful thing in the world but it can also be the darkest..

Seijuro, my Darling has been amazing as always, him and the first string guys have been called the Generation of Miracles from how talented they were.. however Darling has been slowly changing, something inside him has changed. Sure he still called me Suzu like he always did, he still held my hand, he still protected me and even got annoyed when me and Aomine became the close friends we are now even if he didn't say it, he never failed to be the gentle man he is, he never failed to make our valentine days special or make me feel like the only girl in the world when he looks into my eyes, he never failed to make me weak every time we kissed after our first kiss when he finally admitted that my friendship with Aomine was making him jealous.. he never failed to be there for me.. but there were moments when he seemed more like his father than my Darling, he seemed like a much darker version of what he feared he would become from his father.

"Darling." I called softly as I saw him sitting where he always did in the dark. He slowly looked up at me. His eyes seem to glow in the dark and I shiver at his intense stare.

"I want you to promise me something." His words were serious yet there was something different about this moment with him. He's been acting up a little more than usual lately.

"Anything." I whisper to the love of my life as he looks into my eyes and I can see slight pain in them, fear even to the point where I thought I could cry for him causing me to take a step back as he stands up from his place.

"You've noticed that there's something wrong with me haven't you? A certain darkness." He says as he gets closer to me and I nod taking small steps back, until I hit the wall and his hands place themselves at my sides trapping me in his gaze so close I could feel his warm minty breath.

"You've noticed the change in me.. You've considered the possibility.. Suzu promise me you'll always be mine, promise me that no matter what you'll stay by my side please." His voice was soft, almost a whisper as he stands in front of me his eyes intensely looking into mine as his hands so gently take hold of my hips making me weak against his hold. His lips got closer as his forehead was placed against mine with his red hair tickling my nose as he does.

"I promise to stay by your side no matter what Darling." I whisper as his hand caresses my cheek softly, his eyes looking directly into mine before connecting his soft lips to mine tilting my head upwards by my chin and trailing her fingers down my neck making me shiver as his other hands pulled my hips against his making me gasp not used to the intensity of this kiss as his tongue invades my mouth and suddenly it felt like we were both starving animals.

His hands find the back of my thighs and he lifts me off the ground making me squeal into the kiss making him smile as my back hits the wall again and his hand places itself on the back of my head deepening the kiss and making sure that my head would be cushioned if anything was to happen. He was so much bigger than me, even when we were just small kids he could always pick me up like nothing. My mind went back to the kiss as my hands found his hair and the inside of his shirt making him shiver at my cold touch against his soft and warm shoulders and as my nails dig into the back of his neck and pull on his hair he groans and his grip on my hips tighten. This kiss seems more intense, caring, sensual even compared to any other.

"*Ahem*, I don't think this is a position you'd like our teachers to find you in." We both pull away to look at the door to see Midorima there.

"Right, my apologies I got carried away." Darling says putting me down as I blush placing my head against his chest to hide it making him chuckle and caress my hair.

"I love you Suzu." He whispers to my ear making me go redder than his hair.

~Time Skip~

"Who.. are you?" I ask in a whisper as I look into the eyes of the boy I'd call husband one day.

"I'm Akashi Seijuro of course." This made my breath stop as I froze.

Flashback

"Hey darling." My little self said to a younger Seijuro.

"Yes Suzu?" He asks looking into my eyes.

"Who are you?" My small voice asked making him chuckle and place his hand on my cheek making me blush.

"I'm your darling, forever and always." He says making me smile and hug him kissing his cheek.

Flashback End

"You're right." I whisper looking at him as tears run down my cheek. So.. this is what you meant Darling.. why would you do this to me?

"Why do you seem to be crying again Suzume?" He asks harshly making me bite my lip. I never thought he could talk so harshly to me, never thought those words would come out of those sweet soft lips the way they just did.. I never thought hearing my own name could be so painful.

"He knew you'd take over.. you're Akashi, nothing more nothing less." I whisper trying to get used to the idea of not having my loving caring boyfriend anymore but my heart just seems to not accept it. This is only one small part of my darling, this is his weakness, this is his fear, his anger, this is his pain.. this is everything he hates of himself put in one.

"Suzume, can I ask a favor of you?" He asks but I stay silent not even fully registering that he's talking to me.

"Please leave the room if you're going to cry. I have things to do." He says harshly passing right past me.

"I'll be by your side no matter what.. it suddenly seems a lot harder than what I had in mind." I whisper as I leave the room leaving him to his things and I go to try and clear my mind and try and get used to this new personality.