Chapter 3

Suzume POV

"I don't understand why you're still with him! Just come to my school with me!" Daiki says as I look at his back.

"Because I made a promise to him." I say before he turns around and looks into my eyes. Daiki has helped me a lot ever since Akashi changed and I think he's the reason why I'm not so broken.

"What?" He asks.

"I promised darling that I'd stay with him no matter what.. and I believe I'll get to see my darling again someday." I say giving him a small smile.

"You can't be serious! He's taking advantage of you Suzume! Open your eyes! Come to my high school with me" He yells making me sigh.

"You know I can't do that even if I wanted to." I say looking into his eyes.

"Our parents got us a house close to school.. starting high school we'll be living together." I say as his eyes widen in horror.

"You're kidding..." He says and I just give him a small smile and walk towards him.

"Thank you for everything Daiki." I say kissing his cheek.

"But I have to do this to keep my promise to my Darling." I say before turning around and walking away.

~Time Skip~

I stayed quiet as we walked it's been almost a year since we moved in together and since we joined Rakuzan. Some things have changed, for example I'm more used to Akashi now, I guess I came to the realization that even if this isn't my darling it's still a part of him, and if I truly love my darling I'm going to have and get used to this much darker side of him because even if it's not all of him it's still part of him.

"Akashi." I say softly causing him to stop and look down at me making me shiver a bit and bite my lip before walking towards him and take his hand in mine.

"You've been awfully affectionate lately." He says as I hug his arm. I'm afraid.. after what happened our last year of middle school I've been afraid of how far he was willing to go but to tell the truth that wasn't the last time and over time my body has betrayed me and I've started to enjoy it. Enjoy his rough treatment and I don't know if it's Stockholm syndrome or if I've just realized that even if I liked darling's sweet touches deep down I wished he'd be a bit rougher with me.

"Suzume." He says causing me to look up at him and I see him sigh before petting my head his hands taking strands of my hair as he slides his hand down.

"You are to be by my side forever, that's an order." He says letting his hand rest on my cheek before his lips connected against mine. Sure it didn't feel as sweet as it did years ago but it didn't feel as cold and painful as it did back then.

"I thought I had already proven I would." I whisper into the kiss and gasp when my back hits the wall and his hands gripping my hips tightly pulling a moan from my lips and felt him smirk against my lips.

"Let's go." He says pulling away from me and intertwining our fingers together as he walks.

"Where are we going?" I ask but he just stays quiet and kept walking and I decided better not to push it. As we make it outside I notice where we are, he summoned the whole generation of miracles here.

"I apologize that I've kept you waiting." He says causing all of them to look at us and I noticed Aomine's eyes on my hand.. the one that was hold Akashi's. I look away and slightly hide behind Akashi not able to handle Aomine not when he's the only one who knows what happened back then.

"Daiki, Ryota, Shintaro, Atsushi, and Tetsuya.  I'm glad to see you again. I'm deeply moved we were all able to meet like this. However there's someone here that doesn't belong. I wish to speak only to my former teammates right now. Sorry but could you leave?" Akashi asks as I look at Kuroko's teammate who seems to be frozen in fear but my surprise came when Kuroko's new light showed up.

"Well, your no fun. Don't exclude us." He says making me gulp and look at Akashi.

"You're Akashi huh? Glad to meet you." I keep my eyes on Akashi as his look directly at Kagami.

"Shintaro, could I borrow those scissors?" Akashi asks as he starts walking down dragging me along with him.

"What are you going to used them for?" Midorima asked causing me to look at him as if he was crazy I'm pretty sure he should know exactly why he would want them.

"My hair is annoying me. I've been wanting to trim it. First.." I shiver freezing in my place as he lets go of my hand as soon as Midorima hands him the scissors.

"You're Kagami, aren't you?" And as soon as the last word left his lips he was attacking Kagami with the scissors leaving a scratch on his cheek when Kagami was able to dodge.

"My, my. I'm surprised that you were able to dodge that. In light of that display of grace, I'll forgive you this time. However, there will be no second chance. When I tell you to leave, leave. In this world, winning is everything. Winners are affirmed completely, and losers are denied completely. I've never lost at anything before, and I never will. Because I always win, and I am always right. I show no mercy to those who oppose me. Not even my own parents." I look to the ground at his words hugging myself.

"Well I'm leaving. I just wanted to say hello to everyone today." Akashi says taking my arm and pulling me with him but then I felt someone else take hold of my other arm.

"What? Don't be ridiculous, Akashi! You summoned us just for that?" Aomine asked causing Akashi to stop and look back at Aomine's hand holding my arm.

"No, I actually wanted to confirm something but after seeing your faces I realized there was no need. No one has forgotten our promise. Everything's fine then. However I ask that you let go of my fiancé's arm before I make you." Akashi says causing Aomine to let go of my arm surprised probably not expecting Akashi to care.

"Come Suzume." He says dragging me with him as I look at Aomine who was looking at me and I take a deep breath.

"Akashi.." I whisper making him look at me.

"Would it be ok if I talked to them for a minute alone?" I ask making him raise a brow at me.

"And why should I?" He asks as I look into his eyes.

"There were some things left unsaid in the past and I want to set them straight. I'll meet you and the other's inside.. please." I say as we stayed there for a few seconds before he let go of my arm.

"We'll be waiting for you in the locker room if you're not there by our next game I'll make sure to punish you." He says and I nodded as he walks away.

"Thank you." I say before turning around to see everyone there.

"Aomine, Midorima, Kise, Kuroko, Kagami and Furihata." I say as I walk down the stairs again.

"Suzume." Aomine says as I make it to him and smile at him.

"I see you all have been doing well. I'm glad." I say as they all stayed quiet.

"Hara.." Kuroko says causing me to look at him before bowing my head to him.

"I apologize.. what happened back then with your friend.." I raised my head to look at him.

"It should've never have happened and I'm sorry Akashi did that to you." I say as his eyes widen and Aomine got in front of me shaking my shoulders roughly.

"What the hell are you doing?! You're apologizing for him now?! That was not your fucking fault and because of what you did he-" I cut him off by placing a hand over his lips.

"I did what I needed to do Aomine." I say looking into his eyes.

"And because of that I'm telling you that you shouldn't be apologizing!" He yells making me look away from him.

"I'm ok." I say feeling his grip get tighter.

"No you're not, stop lying." He says causing me to smile at the ground.

"I'm ok, I promise. He's gotten better." I say looking up at him but what I saw wasn't what I expected.

"You should've stayed with me.. I should've protected you back then." He says as his eyes were shining with tears threatening to fall.

"I'm ok Aomine. I promise I am, however I need to go before he gets angry at me. It was nice seeing all of you." I say pulling away from Aomine and walking away.