triwizard champion pt.1

☆☆☆

THE TRIWIZARD TOURNAMENT was an important occasion at Hogwarts. Schools from around the Wizarding World would come and participate by putting their name into the goblet of fire.

Your boyfriend, James, was one of the many Hogwarts participants to put their name into the goblet. You were nervous and scared for him, because the tournament was dangerous. People in the past had gotten severely injured and in some cases people died.

When he was picked as Hogwarts Champion, you got even more scared for him. He was excited for the tournament and always loved the adrenaline rush, considering he was an adrenaline junkie.

Seeing that you were worried about him made James worried about you. He didn't want to see you hurt, but he reassured you everything was going to be okay.

You helped him research the first challenge and he successfully made it through. He made first place. This caused Sirius, Peter, and Remus to throw a very wild and extravagant Gryffindor party.

The next task was a few months away so you decided that it would be best to let James worry about his other activities in school. You didn't want to pester him about him figuring out what the second challenge would be.

Until one night, the day before the second challenge the Marauders came waltzing up to you in the library.

"Y/n I need your help," James pleaded, he looked absolutely distraught and you were instantly worried. "What happened? Are you okay?" You asked, getting up from the table.

James and Sirius motioned you to sit back down and you did, all four of the Marauders sitting down across from you.

Remus looked annoyed, Peter looked stressed, Sirius looked annoyed and stressed, and James looked upset and guilty. You shook your head, looking at all four boys.

"What did you lot do now?" You asked, imagining that one of their many pranks had gone terribly wrong.

"It's not that," Sirius shook off, looking to James so he could explain himself.

"I don't know what the challenge is for tomorrow. The riddle from the last one doesn't make any sense!" James explained, well more like defended.

Before you could respond, Remus interjected. "I tried to help him with it. But he said he got it!" He said, annoyed.

You huffed under your breath. "Okay...the challenge is tomorrow. We can figure it out tonight?" You replied, giving the boys a hopeful look.

James nodded reaching across the table to take your hand. You squeezed it, reassuringly.

———

"So the riddle states, "In a dream you've once had, bring back the treasured item that was stolen," you said, reading what you had copied in a notebook to analyze it better.

Sirius was asleep on Remus' shoulder, Peter was passed out on the library floor surrounded by honey-dukes candy, Remus was looking in a book about dreams and alternate reality's and James was leaning his head on the table, looking at you.

"But the thing is I haven't lost anything," James pointed out.

You nodded at James, then looking to Remus, "Find anything?" You asked.

He shook his head. "No, but maybe the challenge will happen in your sleep? Like you'll be put to sleep or something?" Remus explained.

You nodded, "Yeah yeah that makes sense," you said.

James looked confused, "If I'm asleep, then how will I do the challenge?" He asked.

You sat down next to James, "You'll do the challenge in your sleep," you stated.

Before James could respond, Professor McGonagall had entered the library. "Miss L/n, you are needed in Dumbledores office," she said.

You looked at her confused, "Professor it's late, is something wrong?" You asked. McGonagall shook her head, "No dear, nothing is wrong. Collect your stuff and follow me please," she said.

You stood up and collected your things, saying goodbye to Remus and kissing James goodbye.

Eventually the two boys woke up Sirius and Peter, heading up to bed for the night before the challenge tomorrow.

———

The next morning, everyone walked down to where the second challenge was being held. The Marauders headed down, wondering where you had gone to.

"I haven't seen her all morning. It's stressing me out," James said to the other three marauders. Sirius patted his back, "Prongs it's going to be okay. I'm sure Y/n is in the stands, ready to cheer you on," he reassured.

"Or she has something to do with the challenge today," Remus pointed out.

This thought never occurred to James but it made sense. He had dreamed about you plenty of times and if he was going into a dream. It might include you.

"God I hope she's okay," James said, worried.

"She'll be fine, mate," Peter smiled, patting him on the back.

The time had finally come to start the second challenge and Dumbledore was explaining the rules. "The three champions will go into their assigned dream. Once you are there, you will retrieve what has been taken from you. I wish you the best of luck. Each champions dreams are different and the challenges will range with each dream," Dumbledore explained.

"Good luck," Sirius, Remus, and Peter said. James nodded, walking to his door. The horn went off, telling him the challenge had begun.

He walked through the door and everything around him had changed.

It was like a thick fog surrounded him and through the fog was a castle. One familiar to hogwarts but in a grassier location. There was a village too, but not like Hogsmeade. It was a medieval style village.

James vaguely remembered dreaming about the medieval times after you had read King Arthur and Sleeping Beauty to him in the Gryffindor common room.

He walked out of the fog and was meet with people standing before him. They were all smiling like they knew him and he smiled back.

"Good morning your majesty!" One of the villagers greeted.

James furrowed his brows together, "Good morning?" He replied a little confused. 'Was I the King in my dream?' He asked himself. 'And where is Y/n in all this?' He thought, walking towards the castle.