i meant something like that

A/n- hey everyone!! I hope you guys are enjoying this book so far. Don't forget to comment, vote and share <3

Love y'all ❤️❤️

☆☆☆

THE COMMON ROOM was filled with 5th, 6th, and 7th year students. The Marauders were hosting one of their fabulous and out of control parties, to which you could have really cared less.

You sat next to one of your best friends, Remus Lupin. Both of you really didn't enjoy the party scene up went to the parties anyway for your friends. You had your nose stuck in your transfiguration homework and Remus was drinking a fire whiskey, glaring at a girl flirting with Sirius.

You looked up to see him take a drink and you turned to him. "Why don't you just go over there are tell him how you feel?" You asked.

Remus looked at you, "Yeah? And how do you think that will go?" He replied, sarcastically.

You shrugged, used to his attitude. "You'll never know until you try," you softly smiled.

Remus knew you were right but he was too stubborn to admit it. "What about you and James?" Remus asked, moving the subject to you and your non existent love life.

"What about me and James?" you asked, closing your transfiguration book and setting it beside you.

Remus gave you a knowing look. "Oh come on, the sexual tension between the two of you in unbearable," he said.

You blushed but denied it, "James and I do not have 'sexual tension'," you replied.

"Right, because I totally believe you," he deadpanned and you stuck your tongue out at him. He laughed, taking another sip of his fire whiskey. "What are you five?" he laughed and you laughed back.

From across the room James saw you laughing with Remus and clenched his jaw. Noticing this, Peter put a hand on James' shoulder. "You okay mate?" he asked.

James unclenched his jaw and looked at Peter, "Yeah, I'm fine why?" he asked innocently.

Peter chuckled, not being as oblivious as everyone took him for. "You're jealous of Remus laughing with Y/n," he stated.

James turned red, "I am not," he defended.

Peter rolled his eyes, "Go over there and talk to her. She wouldn't say no to you," her pointed out.

James looked over at you once more, you laughed and he thought your were the prettiest person he had ever seen.

"Alright, I'll ask her out," James said. Peter smiled, but before James could head your way Sirius stopped the music to make an announcement.

"Beautiful people listen up! I propose that we play a game!" Sirius yelled to the crowd. "Each of you, write your name on a piece of parchment and put it into this goblet right here. I will draw two names and whoever is called has to go up to the dorm and kiss," Sirius grinned.

There was a mixture of groans and cheers, as everyone wrote their name on a piece of parchment, folding it, and putting it into the goblet.

After you put your name in, you patiently waited for Sirius to call out the first pair of names. "Alright folks! The first two lucky people are..." Sirius said, putting his hand into the goblet. "James Potter!" he grinned, winking at his friend. "And....Y/n Y/l!" Sirius said, pulling your piece of parchment out of the goblet.

You turned red and turned to James, who was standing next to you. He was also a similar shade of red.

The next thing you know, you and him were locked in a dorm room and wouldn't be let out until the two of you kissed. You sat on a bed as James leaned against the door. "So how do you want to do this?" you asked, looking at him.

It wasn't as awkward as you thought it would be. You and James were best friends and practically did everything together. Sure, the two of you would bicker and fight sometimes but it would all go away the next day.

James looked at you and shrugged. He wanted to kiss you, he really did, but not like this. Not trapped in a dorm room, half drunk, and with everyone listening on the other side of the room.

He stood up and sat next to you, "Looks like we'll probably be stuck here for a while," he said. You looked at him and scoffed, standing up. "It's just a kiss, James," you defended, with your arms crossed.

He ran a hand through his hair, "I'm not going to do this here," he said, standing up.

"Why? Just suck it up and kiss me, Potter," you replied.

"No," he stood his ground, stubborn as ever.

"Why not?" you asked, feeling a little hurt that he didn't want to kiss you.

"Because I'm not going to kiss you like this!" He blurted, his face immediately going red.

"Like what?" you asked, confused. James ran a hand through his hair, "Nothing, never mind," he said nervously.

"Fine then," you said, walking away from him and banging on the door. "Sirius!! Let us out, we kissed," you shouted. James looked up at you, a sad expression on his face.

Sirius opened up the door with a grin, "Really?" He asked. You didn't reply, you just walked to out of the dorm room and into your dorm for the night.

———

You couldn't fall asleep and it was bugging you. 'What did James mean by "not like this" you asked yourself. It was frustrating you and you got out of bed and walked to the common room to clear your head.

When you approached the hallway, you bumped into James. Who was also unable to sleep, thinking about you.

"Oh hey," you said, backing away from him.

"Hey," James replied, rubbing the back of his neck. You looked at him for a second before going to walk past him.

In a moment of confidence, James grabbed your arm. He pulled you to his chest and caressed you cheek, kissing you. You were surprised by it at first but you kissed back, literally melting into the kiss.

James pulled away and looked down at you with love in his eyes. "I meant something like that," he said softly, his left hand in your cheek and his right hand on your waist.

You were speechless as James pulled away from you, you watched him walk back into his dorm room in shock.