Chapter IX

She stared at me with hatred in her eyes. It showed betrayal, sorrow, and disgust. I could see it in her eyes and feel her animosity toward me. It was so strong that I instantly moved away from Jeonghan, even though I did not do anything wrong. It was not my choice but my parents' and worst of all, she was dating Joshua! Jeonghan's best friend!

"What are you doing, Y/n?" She bitterly asked me. Her voice was filled with hatred that I could hear her force out the words just to ask me.

"What do you mean?" I stared confusingly at her, "We didn't do anything."

I hesitated with my thoughts as I wanted to tell her about my marriage with Jeonghan, but then at the same time, I felt bound to keep it a secret. So I was in a dilemma. Someone, please save me!

I looked at Jeonghan for help, but I could see that he was equally confused as I, so he was for no use. So useless, I thought as I looked at him.

I took a breath and looked at her, "why are you here?"

I may seem to avoid her stare and questions, but I wanted to ask her the same question when she was the first to betray me out of pure shock and betrayal. Instead, she went behind my back and decided to date Joshua when we had been bitching about the group Seventeen.

It was not that the group was terrible, I mean, they were handsome men, but their attitude was what turned me away from being head over heels for them. They were too arrogant and only liked themselves. They did not care about others, and not to mention they were too many people. Why were they called seventeen when there were only thirteen members? [A/N: Note aside, I do not hate or want to make fun of them. This is just for the sake of the story; I am personally a big fan of seventeen and do stream, darling :)]

I took a deep breath before telling Hyun Jae parts of our story. I purposely chose not to explain the whole story, as I felt betrayed by her. I was not sure whether she was the one person I could trust anymore. Maybe I was alone, after all.

I was not ready to tell her about my situation, but as I was caught up in my thoughts, she broke me off with a yell, "Why didn't you tell me?"

I was at first really shocked but afterward really embarrassed, as the once-quiet classroom was now paying attention to us. I wanted to dig a hole and hide from this embarrassing moment. Why Hyun Jae?

Hyun Jae did not give up, as she once again asked me the same question. I was left dumbfounded, as I did not know how to answer her. I did not know what kind of lie I should make up about why I didn't tell her. Should I just say that I didn't feel like it, or should I tell her the truth? Of course, the reality will be the best, but I couldn't. Not without discussing it with Jeonghan. Thinking about it again, why is Jeonghan quiet?

I turned to my side and found him lying down beside me, probably pretending to be asleep so that he did not have to be included in this discussion; I mean, instead, truth spilling moment, where I may or may not get myself killed :))

I rolled my eyes at that man as I proceeded to turn my body toward Hyun Jae to hear her explanation about her frequent absence. She has been disappearing more often than I can say cheesecake. My thoughts wandered to her meeting and the unexplained situation, but as I was in the middle of my thoughts, I got interrupted as I rolled my eyes and, eventually, was questioned by her. Why did I do it? I mentally scolded myself. Then, quietly beside me, I could hear a person laugh, and I knew it was Jeonghan. Who else would laugh at situations like that, I mean?

I silently kicked him as Hyun Jae looked at us with suspicious eyes.

Suddenly she stood up and looked dead serious into my eyes and said that I should bring Jeonghan with me to her house this Saturday so that she could show me what I wanted to know about. I did not say anything and silently nodded. I was honestly scared of her sudden change in mood. But I think I must wait for Saturday to know everything regarding her behavior.

A/N!

Go stream Darling, darlings <3