Chapter V

Our Friday night went by pretty steady and calm as nothing unexpected happened doing our time together, but the time after... uhu, something I don't want to talk about happened.

Our parents wanted to hold some kind of late brunch together, so we all went downtown to eat brunch. The main purpose of the brunch was to "know each other better" like that's going to happen.

They just ruined my mood by inviting the Jerk over to eat with us. He's not making anything better especially since it's soon my parents' company's annual company party and I'm usually meeting up with Hyun Jae to attend it, but since my parents thought of announcing our marriage and the collaboration between the two companies there, then I can't invite her over.

I have to go there with him and we have to look passionately. Like that's going to happen again.

So for now, we just have to hope that I'm not going to rip his head off for being an incomplete jerk who ditched me for something else. He's not making my school life any easier by not helping with the school project.

On top of all that! I have to get past him! I have to be number 1! He's always beating me with one point! How is that possible?

I hope that one day I get more points than him.

Oh, did I mention that I'm sitting in front of him now in the restaurant? No... sorry. It's my bad.

Well, I'm sitting in front of him now and looking straight into his eyes with a glare. I hope that it will make him scared but unfortunately, he's ignoring me now.

"Y/n, don't be like that. You should eat some" my mother told me as she then went back to her talk with the other adults.

I lost my appetite by sitting in front of him and usually I'm an eater. Just now this time.

"I will leave for a minute. I need to use the restroom. Excuse me" I bowed toward them and left my seat for the bathroom. On my way there I saw somebody I didn't expect at all.

"Hyun Jae...? What is she doing here?" I whispered to myself as another voice then replied to me, "I don't know. Maybe eating with her family? Brother? or boyfriend?"

As I turned around and saw it was him behind me, I instantly hit him in the stomach and got him to be quiet as I wanted to know who she was together with without letting him expose us.

"Don't tell me Y/n, that you went here to spy on somebody?"

"Oh! As if you don't want to do that..." I rolled my eyes at his idiotic remark.

"Well...I would only like to do that if it was one of my friends..."

Just on cue, we saw who Hyun Jae was together with and the sight was not pretty. It's one of the Jerk's friend...

Joshua Hong... the badass in school...

*shiver*

"How come-! That's impossible!"

"Shush! Don't expose us. They can't know that we are here together." I reminded him as he was so close in exposing us.

I don't want a burnt ass for the rest of my life. Hyun Jae can be sweet as sugar but if you keep something important away from her and are not tell her about your small events, that is important for her, then be ready for a cooler.

It hurts and nobody wants to be grilled alive.

"How come he's together with her?" He asked out in the space.

"There must be an explanation behind all of this... we just have to ask them then," I told him as I continued to spy on them. They were laughing and having fun together, so I felt bad for continuing spying on them.

"Let's go then... They are definitely enjoying their time together, so we shouldn't get in their way."

After my statement, I left and went back to our table.

"Hey! Don't you leave me," He said and pulled me back. I instantly crashed into his chest and he caught me before we both fell in a classic romance movie, but everything got ruined when...