Chapter Two- Dead?

POV: Dante

I'm currently sat in maths at the back whilst the teacher blabbers on about some algebra even though I already know what it is. I'm actually quite smart for my age with an IQ of 150 and I keep high grades of 8s and 9s in all my subjects. (this story is set in England until they move with their brothers 8s and 9s are the equivalent of A and A*) and I learnt a couple languages in both school and free time with a lack of things to do and boredom, I know Italian, French and Russian and so does Lucia as we both have the same IQ.

"DANTE!"
I almost flinch at the shout that brings me out of my thoughts before I slowly lift my cold gaze up to my teachers eyes.

"Do you know what the answer is to the question on the whiteboard?"

I quickly gaze over the problem on the whiteboard before answering my dumbass teacher.

I roll my eyes and answer emotionlessly
"47"

And the teacher huffs with a glare before spinning around back to the board

'Fucking prick.." I mumble under my breath but obviously it wasn't quiet enough because Mr Smith spins around with a harsh glare that doesn't even compare to my own and goes to shout at me before a teacher walks in and starts quietly talking to him. His gaze on me suddenly turns from one of anger to one of sympathy as he gestures me to follow the teacher out of the classroom. I do so without complaint and grab my bag before walking out still me with my emotionless mask intact.

The teacher silently leads me down to the Principals office where she drops me off and gives me a sad smile before turning away. No words were exchanged.

I shove the doors of the principals office open with a bang as they hit the walls and walk in to see my sister already sitting down in a chair in front of the desk. The room is quite small and boring with white walls and a large window behind the desk and principals chair. There's two bookshelves on either side of the window behind him and the old wooden desk sits in front of him with two crappy school chairs set in front.

I silently sit down on the chair to the left of my sister and then my gaze to her. She looks back at me before turning to the principal

"Why are we here we haven't broken any rules yet today?" So maybe the fighting rumours weren't that far fetched as we both tend to get into fights with some pricks at school whether it's because they're picking on other people or just spewing shit we tend to cause some chaos however we never leave with any injuries. The most we usually get will me a small bruise here and there but it's nothing compared to what we get at home.

The principal signs before looking at us both solemnly and saying
"I'm sorry to inform you but your parents have gotten into an accident this morning"

I blink. Were they dead? Were we finally free? I can feel the small smirk that wants to appear on my face but quickly recover and keep my face as blank as possible when on the inside I'm ready to throw a celebration party.

"Are they dead?" My sister asks bluntly not really caring and neither do I but he did leave that vital piece of information out.

The principal looks shocked for a split second before he quickly recovers and responds

"No, they are both in comas however which means they can no longer take care of you so the police are on their way to pick you up and take you back to the station to sort out your living arrangements"

At this moment I don't know how to feel. Happy because they're finally gone? Anxious because they could wake up? I silently pray that they won't ever wake up but a small part of me knows that that would be too easy. And if or when they ever wake up they'll be back to find me. To find us. But for now I will try my best to enjoy the peace.

A knock on the door puts a vault to my thoughts before two police officers step in, one woman one man and they both have neutral expressions on their faces.

"We're here to pick up Dante and Lucia Bianchi"

I look at my sister before we both stand up and without saying a word pass by the police officers after grabbing our backpacks and heading out to the car park where we can see a police car is parked.

Wordlessly we stand by the police car and wait for the police officers to come over before unlocking the doors and we both climb in.

5 minutes into the ride my phone vibrates in my bag so carefully I grab it and look at the message

How are you doing?-Lu

I'm happy those bitches are finally out of our lives for now.-D

Yeah same  I'm assuming we'll get places in a foster home or group home but if they even think about separating us we're running away-Lu

Yeah I agree I hope we don't get placed in a bad home though we escape one hell just to fall into another-D

We'll be okay, I'll make sure of it- Lu

I smile at my sister before realising we're pulling up into the police station and put my phone away before unbuckling and getting out when we stop. Both of our masks effortlessly fall back on as we walk past the front desk into a room in the back. It looks like a normal office with navy walls and a desk set up with two leather chairs in front and a computer open with a man sat behind the desk.

"Hello" he smiles warmly "Do you two know of any family you have that could take custody of you both? An aunt? An uncle? Grandparents?"

"No, no, no and no, it was just us" Lucia replies without a shred of sadness or grief in her voice.

Similar to the principal, the man looks shocked for a couple seconds before clearing his throat and informing us that we will need to take a dna test then just to check.

POV: Riccardo

"The new shipment is supposed to arrive in 2 days and I expect it to be safely retrieved and brought to the warehouse without any issues, there will be no more lost shipments, I will NOT be labelled weak or a fool. If this shipment gets lost again whoever is in charge of your mission will loose their head. Dismissed."

I sigh as I lean back in my chair whilst watching my men and women exit the room. A hand lands in my shoulder and I look over to my younger brother Vincenzo.

"You know you're quite the drama queen." Vincenzo so helpfully tells me

"Excuse me?"

"WhOeVeR iS iN cHarGe WiLl LoOsE tHeiR hEaD so unoriginal" I raise my eyebrow before I tackle him to the ground and we start rolling around on the floor until I get him pinned on his stomach with his arm behind his back.

"Say your sorry" I taunt him

"NEVER!" He laughs

Just as I'm about to beat his ass my phone rings which causes me to groan and go sit back on my chair while Vin smirks at me thinking he's won causing me to glare at him.

"This is Riccardo Bianchi who is this?" I ask in a cold voice.

"Hello my names Lisa I'm a social worker in England"