Chapter Four- Home

POV: Vincenzo

They look just like us. My baby sister and baby brother. I notice Dante is laying on Lucias lap passed out whilst she rubs circles on his palm. Okay that's kind of adorable.

Riccardo quietly opens the door and we walk in as to not scare Lucia or Dante.

"Hello my names Riccardo......I'm your brother" Riccardo says hesitantly, he looks nervous. He's never nervous.

"And I'm Vincenzo, he's 27 I'm 24." I tell them as well.

Lucia looks at us but doesn't show any emotion on her face.

"Don't wake him up" is all she says and yet again there's no emotion in her voice.

"Is he okay" I ask worriedly. He just passed out he'll be fine Vincenzo chill out.

"He's okay he'll wake up in a couple minutes."

"So you're taking custody of us?" I can see her assessing us as she looks us up from top to bottom. It kind of reminds me of when we look at business men to assess if their threats to us which is concerning.

POV: Lucia

"Yes I am I just need to sign the paperwork and we will be getting on the plane back home" Riccardo responds to me.

Home.

That's a word I never would've associated with myself or Dante. We've never had a home. And as far as I'm concerned that isn't our home just yet. I still don't know if they're a threat. Apart from the fact that they're both in black suits I couldn't sense any threats aimed towards us but they do look like powerful men. Although they must have been working if they're in suits or some sort of formal event.

"How long do you think it'll take him to wake up" thing 2 asks. Even though he's 24 he doesn't look much younger then thing 1.

"Not lo-" I'm cut off by a groan. I look down to see Dante's eyes fluttering open. Once they open I see him look around and not immediately remembering where we are and with thing one and thing two in the room I can sense his panic. I notice the rise and fall of his chest speeding up slightly and to stop the oncoming panic attack I lift him up to a sitting position grab his chin and turn his face to look at me. I notice the slight relief on his face before his face turns cold.

He gives me a 'who are they' look without looking at them.

"That is thing 1 and thing 2, thing 1 introduce yourself" I say and I notice a small almost unnoticeable smile come on Dante's face at what I called them.

Riccardo seems amused by what I called them and responds

"My names Riccardo I'm your eldest brother" he says almost softly which i hope calms Dante down.

"How are you feeling?" He asks Dante still in the same almost soft voice.

He nods with a thumbs up and I can see Riccardo is slightly put down by his lack of words but until we find out we can trust them he's gonna have to suck it up.

"He's 27. Thing 2 your turn." I say

"Hey! Why don't I get to be thing 1?" He whines "I'm Vincenzo but you guys can call me Vin if u want, I'm 24 and your second oldest brother"

POV: Dante

I silently stare at my brothers in front of me until the social worker knocks and interrupts us.

"Hi, I hope you guys have introduced yourselves I have the paperwork you have to sign to take custody over them both"

She leads Riccardo out of the room and I watch as Vincenzo or 'thing 2' as my sister seems to like calling him sits down two seats away from us.