Chapter Three - Grade 6

"Time for supper!" Alistair's mother yelled.

They all looked at each other blankly. The project was due tomorrow and they didn't do it. They spent the entire time bickering. Without looking up, Alistair went down the ladder to see his mother and the White Rabbit standing outside waiting for them. Courtly began walking home angrily, while Bunny walked away silently with her dad. Alistair walked with his mother back home. How could we have been so stupid?  He thought.

"Are you alright darling?" Alice asked concerned.

"I don't feel so good," Alistair whimpered as he clutched his stomach.  

"You're probably just hungry. We should get home so you can wake up bright and early for school tomorrow," 

Alice placed a hand on her uncomfortable son's back. They arrived at their house, and Alistair lunged onto his bed. He knew he wasn't sick from hunger. He was sick with fear. How would the teacher react to finding out he didn't do his big project. 

"I brought dinner up here since you looked a little tired," Alice said with a smile and a plate in her hand, "Just don't make a mess!"

Alistair sat up and began eating. Alice came back with a glass of ginger ale, which she thought would help Alistair's stomach. 

"Mom?"

"Yes darling?" Alice replied.

"I don't think I can go to school tomorrow," Alistair said, looking down, ashamed.

He did feel sick, but he knew that he only wanted to stay home to avoid facing the class. 

"We'll see in the morning, okay?" She exclaimed.

Alistair nodded. He finished up his dinner, and got ready for bed. His head was spinning with thoughts, but he eventually fell asleep.

The next morning, Alistair knew what he had to do.

~ A Few Chapters Ago ~ Alistair Wonderland ~On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara