Chapter Six - Grade 6

Bunny walked into the room sadly, and sat next to Alistair. She watched as he ate his scone with worry in his eyes.

"H-hi Alistair," Bunny said as she waved, barely taking her wrist off the desk.

"Hey," Alistair exclaimed, "Go get a scone from Maddie. Their really good."

Bunny soon came back with a scone, and nibbled at it sadly like Alistair was.

"Hey kids! Where's your project?" Their teacher asked in a bouncy tone.

 Alistair and Bunny looked at each other with worry and confusion. What were they supposed to tell him? Oh, we didn't do it. Oh, we were too busy arguing. Those were the only things flooding Alistair's mind. Luckily, Alistair still had a few excuses up his sleeve.

"Oh, um, our other team members are bringing it," Alistair said fearfully.

Their teacher nodded his head approvingly, and walked back to his desk.

Alistair and Bunny both knew that was a lie. They all had to go home last night, and unless they were willing to be late, the project wouldn't happen. Kitty wasn't known as being the most loyal friend in the bunch, so chances were high that she skipped school. Alistair couldn't even begin to think about Courtly. She would either ditch school, or come to school, then put all the blame on Bunny for revenge.

Courtly walked in with a smile on her face, and as expected, no project. She walked up to the teacher and Alistair heard the whole conversation.

"-And they were being so mean to me, and that's why I switched to Joe's group," Courtly said with a smirk on her face.

"That's fine, Joe and his group should be here soon," Their teacher said with a smile.

Alistair wasn't surprised. But he was still mad. He told Bunny everything. She was also furious. 

Just then, Kitty walked in.  

Obviously, she didn't have a project. Or so they thought. Everyone turned their attention to Kitty and the red wagon she was pulling. It had a cage covered in a blanket inside, and a rolled up poster in the back.

"H-hey g-guys! A little help please?!" Kitty said as she struggled to pull in her wagon. Alistair and Bunny happily leaped up as they helped her. 

"Kitty! You did the project? How!?" Alistair's mind was flooding with questions.  

"Well, while you guys were arguing, I was putting together the poster. And eating popcorn obviously. You guy's didn't even notice! But when your parents came, my mom didn't, so I just continued doing the poster. Then I just so happened to get attacked by a baby Bandersnatch on my way home, so I decided to capture it for our project!" She said as she took the blanket off of the cage.

Everyone starred in awe at the sweet little baby Bandersnatch inside the cage, and at Kitty's well put together poster.

"I present to you, the history of Wonderlandian animals! And a live specimen!" Kitty said as everyone applauded.  Everyone but Courtly. She knew she couldn't just hop back into their group. That's when a big noise came from the doorway. Everyone turned to reveal a short rhino boy covered in slime. 

"I kinda dropped my project in the lake by Dirty Dish Drive," Joe said awkwardly, and Courtly buried her face in her hands.

Everyone laughed, as the true crew had a big group hug.

                                                                                        The End <3