y

crystal clear drops from the heavens cleared my blurry view. upon staring at the endless dark sky, i stumbled upon a lightened spot. from sprinkles that turned into a blanket of raindrops, i stared vividly at the only light from the other street. 

lightning flashed and the angered sky growled at the world below. it almost felt like a scolding from mother nature itself. if it wasn't for the burgundy colored umbrella that covered me, i would've been drenched at this moment.

truly it would've been an awful sight. 

i felt the cold liquid running down my exposed skin, which the umbrella failed to cover. getting home early is an impossible task as of now, considering that the rain is getting heavier the more i wait here. 

perhaps the rainy season isn't just for me.

out of the blue, in the silent and cold night with no sight of other's presence, until one had to come. a series of curse words with a few complaints and groans. due to habits, i lifted my head up and met a figure at the other side of the street. 

arms hugging himself and hands furiously trying to give warmth to his drenched body. wet strands of hair almost devouring the view of his eyes. the man stood under the cover of the bus stop, near the blinking street light that was on the edge of losing itself.

i can see a hint of his features, but not close enough to know the image of the man. i figured it was too rude to stare, especially at his cold state. i was about to avert my attention to the sky again, until he found his way to look in my direction also. 

he squinted his eyes and my brows furrowed at him. i knew i should've looked away at that moment, but he did something unbelievably familiar. 

he gave me a disapproving look before he stuck his tongue out and whipped his head in another direction. 

i scrunch my nose in disgust and disbelief, "weird grown ass man."